Senior Software Engineer - FXO - Fixed Income IT
Standard / Permanent
Project: The concerned team works for Forex and Money Markets back office settlement systems under the Fixed Income domain. This team is distributed across London, Mumbai and Paris. The role is for Mumbai and specifically that of a senior developer. Below is the expectation from the candidate
· Hands on developer with a high levels of autonomy and solid experience of C, Pro C development on Linux (or another flavor of UNIX)
· Hands on experience with SQL, preferably Oracle PL/SQL.
· Responsibility to carry out system testing, integration testing and regression testing.
· Be able to understand complex systems and take the initiative, to seek out and accept new responsibilities
· Ensuring that the project and organization standards are followed during various phases of software development life-cycle and day to day development work.
· Experience of working to strict deadlines and seeing projects through to completion.
· Liaise with any upstream or downstream system teams as required.
· 5 to 7 years of IT experience in related Technical Area preferably in an Investment Bank or Financial Services domain.
· Mandatory 4+ years C, Pro*C and 2+ years UNIX/Linux development and unit testing experience.
· Mandatory 4+ years RDBMS experience, preferably Oracle.
· Good understanding of the Linux/Unix OS.
· Additional skills: Python
· Preferably knowledge of the Fixed Income industry
· Familiarity with agile methodologies and scrum practices
· Good verbal and written communication skills.
· Experience of building testing strategies and test cases and working with software test teams,
· Should have good technical, analytical and troubleshooting skills.