Senior Softeware Engg 2 - SIERRA
Standard / Permanent
Require java J2EE resource in role of senior software developer for SIERRA Project with work experience of atleast 5 years.
The Sierra Reference Data team is implementing a centralized instrument static data referential to provide information to systems globally, across Fixed Income.
Sierra automates the creation and maintenance of instrument data, merging data from a range of external & internal sources (Bloomberg, Intex, various agencies, rating agencies etc). The Data is distributed globally to our major trading locations. A front-end monitors the activity of the system and facilitates enrichment of the data. Accuracy, quality & availability of the data are key drivers of the project.
As a senior software developer, individual is responsible for
- Contribute with other developers to technical analysis, design, development and automated unit and acceptance testing
- Work with business analysts to turn user stories into working and tested system increments
- Contribute to iteration planning, by providing high and low level estimates
- Maintain consistency and quality of the code, and shared understanding of the system
- Contribute to the development of the system and the process at retrospectives.
- Support the system (including out of hours support, based on rota)
- Participate in the agile based project software life-cycle
- Work on tasks assigned independently and produce best fit deliverables
- Efficient communication with all stake holders
Skills & Experience Required:
- Solid commercial experience of development with Java - J2SE
- Object Oriented Design
- RDBMS, ideally Oracle
- A previous experience of working with databases and writing SQL
- Automated unit and acceptance testing - ideally JMock
- Agile - Extreme Programming
- An understanding of agile development practices and ideally relevant previous experience of working within an Agile/XP team.
- Web development