Standard / Permanent
CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT
The main purpose of this role is to develop and manage the relationships with large local corporates located in North China.
- Originate and cross-sell banking products to achieve budget and business objectives of the team & the bank;
- Monitor the risk and exposure on the client portfolio to ensure proper credit administration and safe-guard of the bank’s interest;
- Serve overseas branches in any business enquiries or opportunities related to corporates of the above said types in China;
- Assist the team head from time to time on marketing & credit related activities or on assignments from the senior management;
Client Coverage / Marketing:
- Achieve the budget & business targets set by the Bank;
- Prepare & implement Relationship Plans (Client Action Plan) and global account strategy;
- Maintain, understand and closely follow-up client’s business model & development, management & corporate strategy and banking needs via frequent marketing calls & business origination to client at all levels and market intelligence
- Identify opportunities, originate business and cross-sell products to enlarge wallet share for the bank. Introduce the bank's latest offered products / development to relevant clients for quality servicing and income earning objectives.
- Prepare and distribute call reports / client information to product lines and management.
- Drive product specialist / lines on structuring, pitching, negotiation, pricing, bidding and execution of business mandates.
- Update relevant management levels of business lines, head office and other branches on client’s business development, credit evolution and answer to their queries
- Collect updated market and product information of relevant sectors
Risk / Exposure Responsibilities:
- Manage risk exposure of client groups.
- Perform credit application with risk analysis to monitor & supervise credit process, procure quality credit proposals & presentations. Satisfy regular (including annual file review) and irregular credit/risk inquiries from local and head office risk functions.
- Approve & solve problems in daily excess, referrals and waiver requests.
- Procure revenue collection, profit / cross-selling recognition and deal reporting
Other Major Responsibilities:
- Perform & ensure satisfaction of "Know Your Client" & relevant compliance requirement at client / transaction levels.
- Assist Team Head in annual budgeting, envelope management, Risk Policies recommendation & implementation as well as other bank’s management objectives.
- Coach Credit Analysts and Assistant Officer in relationship management, client servicing, credit and documentation issues.
- Procure smooth coordination & good working relationship with product lines, risk function and other business units.
- Assist answering of inquiries from external regulatory bodies (internal auditors, CBRC, SAFE etc.)
- Degree holder in Finance or equivalent
- At least 10 years’ experience in Corporate Banking and Client Coverage areas
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Excellent sense of credit / risk and good financial analytical skills
- Experience in relationship building with large corporate groups
- Good sense of cross-selling and strong product knowledge
- Good comprehension, presentation & interpersonal skills
- Strong knowledge on bank documentation (e.g. loan documents, ISDA/FEOMA)
- Good knowledge and understanding of CBRC regulations
- PC knowledge: good presentation & structuring skills in written presentation, quantitative modeling and pitch books (Word, Advanced Excel, Power Point)
- Able to work under pressure independently
- Good Initiative & team Player
- Committed & hard-working
- Able to adapt to fast-changing environment
- Efficient execution of assignments within short time frame