Standard / Permanent
HK-Hong Kong (HK)-Hong Kong
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
• Provide a daily PNL to each desk and to the Bank’s management.
• Ensure that PNL is fair and complies with the Equity Derivatives Business line methodology.
• Ensure that the PNL is calculated from the reference positions and that these positions are real and checked.
• Effect controls on key elements of the PNL
• Document all exceptional PNL moves for Management.
• Produce accurate daily analysis of P&Ls to Trading desks and bank's management.
• Responsible for current controls on key elements (positions, market data, adjustments, reserves) and liaise with internal departments in case of issues.
• Perform Front Office / Middle office (FO / MO) reconciliations between Trading P&L estimations at T and Official MO P&L at T+ 1 and both explain and investigate P&L breaks to FO if any.
• Adjust the P&L if necessary to secure correct P&L reporting and document each adjustments Monitor daily Funding and fees.
• Interact daily with traders to explain the results of their P&Ls and seek their daily sign-off.
• Report, Comment and Validate the P&Ls into the Official Reporting tool
• Monitor and reconcile monthly Market Risk and Valuation reserves during End of Month process.
• Active follow up on updating documentation.
• Organize a monthly meeting with trading to go through all P&L issues during the last month.
• Escalate issues to management
• Confirm PV to collateral management.
• Participate to global projects related to MO or P&L processes improvements.
• Participate to local projects related to systems migrations.
• Participate to the improvement of the productivity within the team by proposing initiatives
Competencies (Technical / Behavioural)
• Self-discipline and strong autonomy: The candidate should be a self-starter who should be able to work on its own with little supervision.
• Analytical mindset and Attention to detail: Aptitude and desire to understand financial pricing models. Ability to notice any abnormal processes and PNL figures.
• Innovation and initiatives: Demonstrate willingness to constantly improve the status quo.
• Understand the processes in place and evaluate if needed alternative options to do things better (cost - benefits / ROI approaches). Think “outside the box”.
• Adaptability: Ability to adapt to new situations (new booking systems, new products, new activities to manage)
• Client Focus: Capacity to work with various clients. Act as partnership with them.
• Escalation process / Reporting: Internal rules of reporting and escalation to Finance, MO, and FO are known & applied
Specific Qualifications Required
• Bachelor degree preferably in Banking, Engineering, Economics, Mathematics or Quantitative Finance
• Masterized Excel - Programming skills (VBA, Excel, Access) is a bis plus.
• At least 5 years working experience in P&L, Trade Support and Product Control
• Strong Equity derivatives products knowledge including its models and valuations preferable