Assistant Vice President - Fund Accounting (NAV)
Standard / Permanent
BNP Paribas Securities Services
Securities Services Chennai Hub
Roles & Responsibilities
- Ensure NAV calculations are produced accurately and in a timely manner
- Ensure that, client issues/concerns are addressed and resolved with in the agreed timelines.
- Ensure all the transactions are processed and approved within the timelines.
- Ensure high level of communication network is established will all the departments within the Business group.
- Ensure all the documentation is in place w.r.t Risk mitigation and Control.
- Prioritize the work and conduct investigation with due diligence on all the discrepancies.
- Manage staff to take corrective measures/actions.
- Ensure procedures are in place to effectively deal with exceptions and that they are reviewed, researched, documented and resolved in a timely manner.
- Ensure all the necessary training is been provided to the team members to perform the relevant tasks.
- Defining the Key Performance Indicators for the process and achieving the same on a regular basis.
- Consistently evaluate and update documented procedures to ensure they are complete, accurate and current.
- Preparation of Key/Standard Operating Procedures for each process migrated to Chennai Hub.
- Ensure all the KOP/SOP are got approved and signed between the locations
- Collating the data from all the applications and providing valuable inputs to Senior Management.
Number of staff supervised: 50-60
Graduation/Post Graduation with specialization in Finance / NCFM Certified
Total years of experience: 12-15 years
Relevant years of experience: 10-12 years
Knowledge and skills required
- High profile position to help manage a new team/existing team producing and controlling NAVs for International funds.
- 2-3 years of experience in managing/supervising teams preferably Fund Accounting teams.
- He / She will be expected to build the team, get them trained and run the team on a day to day basis
- Prior NAV calculation experience is essential, including strong knowledge of different product types
- Have an in depth knowledge of markets and products, respect & adhere the applicable procedures for each market.
Job specific competencies
Continuous Improvement and adaptation