Senior Credit Analyst (Wealth Management)
Standard / Permanent
HK-Hong Kong (HK)
OPERATIONAL EFFICIENCY TRANSFORMATION AND BUSINESS ANALYSIS
About BNP Paribas in Asia Pacific (www.apac.bnpparibas)
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you're valued as part of our team!
* excluding partnerships
- To liaise with RM to prepare/process credit proposals for new commitments as well as amendment to and renewal of existing commitments.
- To ensure all credit files are renewed in a timely manner in accordance with the credit policy
- Keep good records of all critical data relating to each credit file
- Actively participate in team projects / management statistics reporting / regulatory reporting requirement
- To perform collateral simulation for client’s portfolio as requested by RM.
- Review and approve credit files as one of the credit delegation holders
- Participation in system configuration
- Perform training to Junior CA / new joiner / RM / MA when necessary
- Direct contribution to BNPP operational permanent control framework.
- Contribute to the implementation of operational permanent control policies and procedures in day-to-day business activities, such as Control Plan
- Comply with regulatory requirements and internal guidelines
- Contribute to the reporting of all incidents according to the Incident Management System
1. To liaise with RM to prepare/process credit proposals for new commitments as well as amendment to and renewal of existing commitments:
- to ensure all information contained in the credit proposals are accurate and substantiated
- to highlight key credit risks and to provide rationale/risk mitigation to support the proposal
- to compile and calculate client’s portfolio in accordance with existing lending norms
- to assign counterparty rating and GRR
- to determine the approval power and circulate the file in a timely manner
- to participate in the weekly credit committee (CC) meeting for presentation of credit files to CC participants for approval
- to perform positive mortgage data checking on mortgage applications
- to check if there is any documentation deficiency relating to the credit file (in particular for renewal application)
2. To ensure all credit files are renewed in a timely manner in accordance with the credit policy:
- Notify RM of upcoming expired files 2 months ahead
- Follow up with RM on renewal details
- To ensure previous approval conditions are being fulfilled and perform credit underwriting for the borrower / underlying collateral in accordance with the latest credit policy
- Maintain expiration files ratio at 5% or less
3. To maintain credit files in good order including all relevant data used to support the credit proposal:
- to update all critical data of the file in the system including expiration date, approval power, credit rating, group relationship, facility details, exceptions to lending norms (if any),
- to safe keep all physical credit files
4. To assist with various in team projects / management statistics reporting / regulatory reporting by acting as a coordinator or a team leader
5. To perform collateral simulation for client’s portfolio as requested by RM
- Ensure that the collateral position is up-to-date and financing is being given in accordance to the credit policy
- Cross-check with the Risk-monitoring team if necessary
6. Provide on-the-job training and guidance to junior credit analysts
7. To ensure compliance of the mortgage financing prudential measures by the HKMA.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
Good knowledge of Banking products and its activities and all aspects of risk elements involved. Control-oriented, analytical, numerate, meticulous, familiar with Credit Risk, Legal and Regulatory aspects of the banking business.
Specific Qualifications Required
University graduate in Finance / Business Administration with a minimum of 5 to 7 years relevant experience with a multinational bank