Senior Client Service Reporting Officer (M/F)
Standard / Permanent
In a changing world, BNP Paribas acts as a responsible bank and provides solutions to all its clients: individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate clients and institutional investors. BNP Paribas is a leading provider of banking and financial services in Europe. It is present in 75 countries with nearly 188,000 employees. The Group holds key positions in its 2 core activities: Retail Banking & Services and Corporate & Institutional Banking.
To serve and process operations for the 13,000 Corporate and Institutional Clients based in 57 countries, BNP Paribas CIB relies on its IT & Operations (ITO) departments. Built in 2012 from Capital Markets and Corporate Banking ITO teams, ITO Client Management regroups more than 1200 employees present in 38 countries.
Client Management is a department focused on the Client and its main mandate is to provide him with high quality and services according to its needs and expectations, while being aligned with CIB Businesses’ strategies. Client Management department covers IT, Operations and Transformation. All these teams share a common motto: create added value for Clients while protecting the Bank.
The Senior Client Service Reporting Officer is the front line operational point of contact for a client regarding any of their post-trade / post-sales activities, focused on Global Markets activities and products. They are responsible for the correct delivery of a range of different reports, each related to specific products and events within the lifecycle of a trade. They will also be responsible to publish information on different external media (Reuters, Bloomberg…). Finally, they will act as a first line support for clients regarding any of their queries regarding the reports and their products.
The team’s main objective is to manage clients’ expectations and so be responsible for providing the client with the appropriate answer within a timely manner, coordinating with other teams in the Bank when necessary. They play an important role in ensuring and improving day-to-day operational efficiency for maintaining and improving effective client queries management and as such directly contributing to the clients’ satisfaction.
- Provide CIB clients with a first line entry point for support in their post-sales and post-trade activities, mainly for Global Markets and for Corporate Banking. The team’s main objective is to produce a different range of reports, linked to Global Markets products: valuations, event notifications, factsheets and audit requests. These can range from standard reporting to the creation of customized templates and reports. Specific IT skills such as XML and HTML languages would be much appreciated in the industrialization of our reporting activities (ie Factsheets dedicated to Global Markets derivatives and structured products). Knowledge of Crystal Reports tool (designed by SAP) is mandatory.
Parameterize, maintain and monitor the reporting for the client in the relevant systems, according to the clients’ requests. Monitor daily controls and actively look for solutions when issues arise to ensure smooth, accurate and timely reporting to clients.
Review of information and creation of product page creation on different media, such as Bloomberg, Reuters and Telekurs.
Ensure the implementation of a high level of quality control regarding the information being published and propose improvements.
- Maintain a dynamic, interactive and pro-active relationship with the clients and with the internal stakeholders, ranging from Front Office to Back Office and Support Functions.
- Report and handle in the appropriate way any incidents, complaints and claims according to procedures and policies in place;
- Add value in the day to day interaction between the bank and its clients, by engaging and coordinating internally with key stakeholders and relay back to the clients the necessary information, and vice-versa;
Produce required reports and provide information for internal quality and performance reviews.
- Be an active member of the team and take ownership of the activities by recommending improvements to applications and working practices;
- Bachelor Degree
- English and at least 1 other language (French, Dutch, German, Spanish, Portuguese) fluency
- Expert knowledge of Global Markets, related products and derivatives, activities and processes and the lifecycle of a trade
- Expert knowledge of at least 2 Global Markets reporting (valuations, event notifications, factsheets and/or audit confirmations and their calculation methods)
- Expert knowledge of external media (Bloomberg, Reuters, Telekurs)
- Advanced skills in VBA programming and MS-Office
- Detailed knowledge of the BNP Paribas processes and applications used for the creation of the different reports
- Experience and / or knowledge of the current main financial regulatory norms and legal environment
- Experience in organizing and prioritizing workload
- Excellent communication skills
- Client focus
- Interpersonal and ability to network
- Analytical and problem solving
- Attention to detail, accurate and organized
- Team player
- Flexible and open-minded, result driven, pro-active and ability to take initiative
- Risk aware