Senior Change Manager
Standard / Permanent
BNP Paribas has a presence in nearly 80 countries with over 180,000 employees. It ranks highly in its three core activities: Retail Banking, Investment Solutions and Corporate & Investment Banking.
In Asia Pacific, the BNP Paribas Group is a leading employer with 9,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets. Being one of the largest international banking networks, we strive to employ talented and innovative people who are aligned to our vision and culture.
Within CIB (Corporate and Institutional Banking), the Business line Global Markets is recognized universally for its expertise and its know-how. Within DRIVE department (formerly known as Process & Organization), you integrate a team to assist the Global Markets Business lines as well as ALM & Treasury (ALMT) in the development, expansion, growth of its new business activities. DRIVE team is at the heart of Capital Markets ITO playing the role of the architects (end-to-end) of the Value Chain.
China is critical for Global Markets development strategy in APAC. The progressive opening of the country through continuous regulatory changes generates business opportunities and permanent need to adapt our set up both in BNPP Paribas China limited and offshore. In this context, there is a need for DRIVE resource based onshore to lead or contribute to the various projects to be initiated to cope with the pace of change experienced in China.
Within the community project (including the Business, Operations & IT and other DRIVE APAC Team members), you will be brought to intervene at the same time on occasional subjects, requiring reactivity and analytical mind, and on projects of greater scale (horizontal projects and multi sites), concerning several departments of this métier (FO/MO/BO/Finance/IT/Business Partners).
The position is based within BNPP China Limited in the ITO Department under local COO’s responsibility and reports to the Head of APAC DRIVE.
- Based on a close relationship with Business, other Functions Representatives and other DRIVE APAC team members, gather and analyze business initiatives and market mandatory changes in order to communicate and explain them effectively to each department involved;
- Provide operational expertise to define solution that meets / exceeds the business, operations or finance needs
- Assess the feasibility and identify the setup along with the appropriate level of controls from an ITO and Finance perspective to support exceptional transaction or new activities
- Document business and functional requirements;
- Design and document processes for different areas and teams (FO, Ops, Finance…);
- Manage key Capital Markets projects, bringing them to a successful conclusion (quality/cost/delay) by a close coordination of ITO departments and other functions involved to achieve the objectives initially set.
- Contribute to the Projects monitoring and reporting standards through regular information update of relevant repository tools and templates (CLARITY, Project Cards, Roadmap etc.)
- Represent Operations, Finance & IT in the approval committees for exceptional transaction or new activities committees.
The key interactions are with: the structuring teams, the sales and trading teams, the business management, Operations, IT and Finance and DRIVE HK & SG Teams.
As a member of the DRIVE APAC team you will contribute in the necessary items listed below:
- Participate in the ITO and business transformation.
- Contribute to continuous improvements to Global Markets and ALMT. This can be achieved by participating in Process re-engineering, Process & systems standardization & re-alignment, and business development support and enabling.
- Balance the interest of each party.
- Participate in management decisions, and be able to identify best fit solution applicable to the organization.
- Contribute whenever relevant to projects led by other teams (whichever there are FO, Finance, IT, Ops, etc).
- Ensure regular cross-selling of other lines of business.
- Contribute to develop innovation (bring ideas re. new products, new processes…).
- Minimize operational failure, including but not exclusively, the risk of fraud, by implementing sufficient regular controls, by measuring operational risk and taking actions to maintain it at an acceptable level.
- Ensure appropriate escalation to management and /or Permanent Control (or compliance as appropriate) as soon as an issue remains unsolved beyond and above what can be reasonably handled within the considered remit.
· 5 yrs experience in project management within the CIB environment
· Fluent in spoken and written English and Mandarin
· Experience and knowledge of China Investment banking environment including business practices and local regulatory environment.
· Takes initiative and is results driven
· Strong decision making and analytical skills
· Ability to innovate and to manage change and complexity with confidence
· Strong team player
· Client focused and commercial thinking
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Self-motivated and genuine interest in Banking and Finance
· Proficiency in Microsoft office (MS Word, Excel & Power point)
· Asia regional focus; experience with cross platform / process project