Business / Data Analyst
CIB IT Transversal – Data Governance – Issue Management & Resolution
(Hiring Manager: )
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas (www.bnpparibas.com
) has a presence in 80 countries with nearly 200,000 employees, including more than 150,000 in Europe. It ranks highly in its three core activities: Retail Banking, Investment Solutions and Corporate & Investment Banking. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail banking model across Mediterranean basin countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Investment Banking and Investment Solutions activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and solid and fast-growing businesses in Asia-Pacific.
*Rated A+ by Standard & Poor's.
The Intermediate Holding Company (“IHC”) program structured at the U.S. level across poles of activities of BNP Paribas provides guidance, supports the analysis, impact assessment and drives adjustments of the U.S. platform’s operating model due to the drastic changes introduced by the Enhanced Prudential Standards (“EPS”) for Foreign Banking Organizations (“FBOs”) finalized by the Federal Reserve in February 2014, implementing Section 165 of U.S. Dodd-Frank Act.
Hence to meet the ever changing regulatory requirements – Data Governance team have been setup. With core team based in New York and offshore team in Mumbai; this team provides a pool of project managers and business analysts to drive change throughout the organization and across locations of BNP Paribas in the U.S for various work streams - which includes CCAR, IHC, Liquidity, Risk, Compliance, HR, FinReg, FP&A and Transversal.
Offshore Team in Mumbai is looking to on-board a Business / Data Analysis role, who would be supporting in Referential data management & issue management / resolution group, along with added responsibilities of working on several other projects of Data Governance group. Responsible in managing the repository for Referential data management, issues management program, plan for and respond to issues. Leads the Referential data management processes, including self-identification, reporting, prioritization and escalation. Collaborates with key stakeholders to ensure roles and responsibilities are clear and are in alignment with the lines of business and the Data Governance Framework.
Employment Type = Full-Time (Contractual employee)
Job Type = Techno Functional
Education = Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree in management, finance, science or economics
Experience = 5 to 8 years with People management skills
Shift = Afternoon shift (12:00 pm to 9.00 pm-IST) / (i.e. 1:30 am to 10.30 am EST)
Location = Goregoan East (Infinity IT Park)
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple requests in HP tool, reconcile conflicts and enhance the level of information to create a clear understanding.
- Coordinate with local Data Quality team in understanding the quality issues identified by them; create root cause analysis (RCA) report by executing SQL queries in Oracle.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders (Data Stewards and other DG team members) in each line of business to assist in the appropriate identification of issues, root cause evaluation, setting up priority and resolution of gaps in the control environment.
- Continuous coordination with teams located in US & Europe to get updated reference data feeds, perform reconciliations, identifies breaks and escalates to business.
- Able to summarize critical issues in commentary format along with charts, bar or pie diagrams and able to generate status report for senior and executive management group.
- Define & implement standard reporting process, process enhancement, creating SOP’s and matrix to support the sustained execution of the issues management program, including linkage to other key programs within Data Governance such as data quality, reconciliation, data lineage and documentation review process.
- Define and implement standard tools and training processes for proper backup in team.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders.
- Flexibility to lead or participate in other data governance initiatives or programs.
- Effective communication across multiple teams including development team (IT) and other stakeholders. Ability to translate business requirements and work with development teams throughout resolution, implementation and delivery.
- Act as the first line of contact to interface with Data Governance business users.
- Help to support and maintain existing HP (IMR) application.
- Able to negotiate competing requirements to reach consensus during meetings.
- Bachelor’s Degree - in management, finance, economics, related field or equivalent experience.
- Solid knowledge of financial industry, general ledger concepts, and prior exposure in reference data management.
- Able to write moderate to complex SQL queries in Oracle independently.
- Advanced knowledge in MS Excel is a must; able to create advance VBA macros + MS access would be an added advantage.
- Able to understand Regulatory initiatives like – Basel II, Basel III, Dodd Frank and CCAR.
- Based on work requirements, flexible to work extended hours i.e. beyond 9 pm IST.
- A self-starter who can take the process a level ahead and have the ability to think out of the box, suggest changes and challenge status quo.
- Ask questions and understand the larger picture for the tasks assigned.
- Display a sense of curiosity, enthusiasm and eagerness to understand business constraints, environment and impact on regulation for the financial industry.
- Good in both oral and written communication skills. Should be able to convey the message in both forms, in meetings and business development discussions.
- Excellent organization, analytical and time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and creatively address various topics on-hand
- Ability to work independently and become an effective team member
- Prior experience in similar profile or business analysis, strong problem solving/troubleshooting skills would be an added advantage.