Senior Business Analyst - FXO - Fixed Income IT
Standard / Permanent
OPERATIONAL EFFICIENCY TRANSFORMATION AND BUSINESS ANALYSIS
Business Analyst - FXO – GM IT
Within BNP Paribas Global Markets, the Trade Processing IT teams are in charge of developing, enhancing and supporting core and critical applications within the overall IT architecture that supports the Global Markets business. This position is for a Senior Business Analyst within the Money Markets and FX domain of Trade Processing IT.
The application is a back office settlement system for Money Markets and FX (MMFX) back office (BO). This means that it receives trades from multiple front office systems and performs certain settlement operations. This is an in-house multi product settlement system supporting BNP Paribas Global Markets operations. It is going to be the settlement layer for all trades across asset classes. It is responsible for the STP of the Back Office Processes for confirmation, accounting, treasury announcements and payments. The application is primarily developed in C with strong usage of Oracle PL/SQL and IBM MQ. It has a web based front end that has been developed on the ASP.NET platform. The development methodology is agile with early feedback, frequent releases and user responsiveness as its pillars.
Job Tasks (directly linked to the objectives of the employee)
- Have a vision for the evolution of the product in partnership with other stakeholders and maintain a product backlog
- Produce/refine business requirements and functional specifications.
- Define and produce testing plan and participate in user acceptance testing.
- Carry out functional tests (with users if need be).
- Liaise with Development teams to ensure accurate functional coverage and validate test scenarios.
- Ensure all appropriate tests are of high quality and accuracy.
- Manage and escalate risks and issues.
- Coordinate component releases in different environments.
The role will involve working on project deliveries as well as on smaller enhancements. These deliveries are centered on business driven deliveries as well as projects to evolve the current system to support future business needs.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Total experience of 6 to 9 years which could be a mix of development, functional testing, business analysis or financial services industry experience.
- Experience as a Business Analyst in the Capital Markets domain of at least 3 years.
- Good understanding of deal life cycle from pricing to booking, risk management and back office.
- Experience with working with in-house development teams.
- Experience of working in a formal project process methodology
- Familiarity with defect logging systems and defect testing and re-testing cycles. (Jira)
- Proficiency in MS Office
Required Competencies and Behaviors:
- Ability to liaise effectively with developers and the users across partner systems
- Ability to work effectively as part of a formal project process.
- Good analytical and interpersonal skills as well as reporting capabilities
- Ability to communicate and presentation skills both verbal and written
- Business oriented, positive, resilient, full of stamina with a clear focus on results and deliveries
- Creative, innovative, pro-active and convincing in terms of finding solutions.