Senior Business Analyst - FA - Transversal
Standard / Permanent
BNP Paribas (www.bnpparibas.com) is one of the 6 strongest banks in the world according to Standard & Poor's*. With a presence in 85 countries and more than 205,000 employees, 165,200 of which in Europe, BNP Paribas is a global-scale European leader in financial services. It holds key positions in its three activities: Retail banking, Investment Solutions and Corporate & Investment Banking. The Group benefits from its four domestic markets: Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg. BNP Paribas also has a significant presence in the United States and strong positions in Asia and the emerging markets.
or MBA - Financials
• The role of the Business Analyst sits within the IT Portfolio Delivery teams which are part of the Information Technology & Change division of BNP Paribas Securities Services (BP2S). The Business Analyst’s primary objective is helping the business implement technology solution in a cost-effective way by determining the requirements of a project or program and communicating them clearly to stakeholders, facilitators and partners.
• The team works within a matrix structure, delivering into projects that are managed across all platforms. They communicate with internal and external stakeholders (including business stakeholders in operations, product and coverage, BNP Paribas Territory IT who manage networks and infrastructure, Paris and London branches for global projects, standards, vendors, consultants, suppliers and occasionally BP2S clients).
• Business Requirements
o Engage stakeholders to establish a common understanding of the business needs
o Identify and correctly translate business needs into business requirements, not solution requirements
o Clarify and elicit business requirements, proactively identifying additional requirements not explicitly provided, obtaining missing information and resolving conflicting information among the needs and requirements
o Prioritise requirements into Critical, High, Medium and Low
o Ensure system requirements are consistent with the business requirements. Where possible relate deliverables and their acceptance criteria to the requirements
o Validate business requirements with stakeholders to ensure they are based on an understanding of the stakeholder needs, expectations, constraints, and interfaces
• Organisational & Business Process Design
o Gain a firm understanding of the impacts of the solution on People, Process and Technology.
o Engage stakeholders to ensure a common understanding of (and commitment to) all aspects of the project including objectives, scope, risks, benefits and any element they may be providing Gather all the necessary inputs and review to fully understand the requirements, specifications, applicable standards etc.
o Document the current (as-is) business process design if this does not already exist
o Document the to-be business process design
• UAT Plan, Cases & Completion Report
o Contribute to the UAT Plan
o Assist the business and the test team in the production of UAT cases
o Contribute to the UAT completion report
• Business Readiness Activities
o Document the new business procedures or changes to existing business procedures as a result of the project implementation. The following documents also to be updated to reflect a change in procedures, , User Guides & Training Material
o Contribute to the update of Risk and Control Matrices, Service Level Agreements and Business Continuity Instructions.
• Business Benefits Assessment
o Ability to contribute to the Business Benefits Assessment
o Actively work to improve the standards and processes of the Business Analyst role
o Appropriately apply the development and project management methodology and where necessary work with the PMO team to improve the methodology
o Providing realistic estimates and delivering within these estimates (timeframe and budget). The Business Analyst must be responsible and accountable for their estimations.
o Complying with audit and security requirements
o Adapting priorities to meet changing business priorities
o Complete mandatory BNPP training
• Quality Management:
o Ensure agreed tool is used for change requests, support and incident tracking
o Quality centre to be used for all major projects and critical applications
o Ensure all project / M & E deliverables adhere to the project methodology.