Standard / Permanent
CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT
CIB ITO Client Management is a global IT and Operations (ITO) group responsible for providing services across all the CIB Business Lines, which include Due Diligence services (Client Onboarding, Recertification), Client Service, Client Referential Data Management and IT services. Client Management (CLM) also provides support to a number of global functions, namely Legal, Compliance and Product Control, as well as for cross-business activities such as P&L management and customer relationship management
• Head of Client Management Canada
MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
• The CIB ITO Client Management TRUST Screening Team will play a critical role in the screening of third parties involved in the Corporate Platform and Global Markets activities of BNPP CIB Americas.
The successful candidate will be based in Montreal and will work on a variety of assignments undertaken by the TRUST Screening Team as they relate to the control function; travel to New York for training may be required. The candidate will be required to perform different tasks, including:
• Perform ad-hoc and daily Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) screenings
• Review and action cases generated during the screening process
• Responsible for conducting screening and searches of existing and prospective clients as well as their respective key personnel, directors and beneficial owners, against proprietary as well as external databases (i.e., World-Check, Dow Jones Watchlist, ) and the internet to uncover adverse media, OFAC sanctions risk and/or politically exposed persons.
• Identify and risk rate Politically Exposed Persons (PEPs) based on guidelines provided by Global Compliance
• Liaise with Business Officers, Compliance and Legal to obtain necessary information and follow-up
• Escalate negative news findings to senior IAG staff for investigation
• Alert senior IAG staff if documentation or identification appears to be fraudulent or suspicious
• Respond to inquiries from business partners, Client Acceptance Review Department (“CARD”), and Client On-boarding (“COB”), and Global Due Diligence Teams regarding appropriate KYC/CIP documentation from clients
• Escalate any potential hits to Compliance for further analysis
• Work closely with relevant stakeholders to ensure an efficient process and that controls are respected
• Create/update and circulate management reporting (team KPIs, statistics)
The successful candidate will work closely with other TRUST Screening Team members and/or with colleagues in other teams or outside groups. The candidate may work with different levels of the organization – from interacting with IT and operations staff and colleagues, presenting to and liaising with senior managers within the organization.
The candidate will have at least 5 years of experience in the financial services sector, preferably with experience working in operation controls. The candidate will have delivered value on a number of assignments (working independently or in a team) demonstrating some of the following:
• Knowledge of external compliance screening databases (World-Check, Lexis/Nexis, Dow Jones Watchlist, Accuity, PRIME)
• Exposure to OFAC (Office of Foreign Assets Control) screening requirements
• Knowledge of the USA PATRIOT Act, Bank Secrecy Act, 3rd European Directive, FCPA, OFAC and related AML regulations
• Demonstrate awareness of various types of corporate entities – hedge funds, asset managers, pension funds, limited, private and public companies, holding companies, trusts etc.
• Ability to comprehend and parse and/or interpret complex organizational and corporate structures for ownership percentage, subsidiary breakdown or merger activity
• Experience in a compliance function; have a control mind-set
• Ability to prioritize and work under time pressure
• Strong analytical skills, ability to gain an in depth understanding of complex processes and systems
• Team player willing to accept challenges large and small and meet them under time pressure
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills as evidenced by the ability to work effectively with representatives of a diverse range of departments
• Adaptable, able to multi-task across multiple and varying assignments
• Ability to generate and convey clear and concise status updates to management and stakeholders
• Strong Excel/ Word/ Access / PowerPoint/ presentation building skills (graphs, charts, design)
• Fluency in French and English is required and working competence in another language (Spanish, Portuguese…) preferred
• Bachelor degree required
• Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS), or equivalent, a plus
• Prior management experience
It is desirable for the candidate to have exposure to investment banking products, including an understanding of their financial characteristics and markets. An appreciation of the key processes, systems and organization structure of an investment bank will also be an asset.
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas has a presence in 75 countries with more than 180,000 employees, including 140,000 in Europe. It ranks highly in its two core activities: Retail Banking & Services (comprised of Domestic Markets and International Financial Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail banking model across Mediterranean basin countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and solid and fast-growing businesses in Asia-Pacific.