Sector Associate- General Corporates , Credit & PM
Standard / Permanent
FINANCIAL AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
Business Overview: Corporate Credit Management (“CCM”) is a transversal team in support of the approximately 800 Corporate Clients of the North American platform. The CCM team works to ensure coverage, monitoring & execution of all counterparty risk requests for the Corporate platform. Three functional pillars exist in the team including:
(1) Corporate Credit Team – consists of the Credit Analyst & Account Management organizations which provide sector/transaction specialized risk monitoring for the Corporate platform.
(2) Transaction Management – Front Office liaison team for all functional teams. In addition, provides support on complex transaction and project management.
(3) Corporate Credit Coordination – coordinates credit process/methodology topics throughout the CCM team and the Corporate platform.
Responsible for the credit management of assigned corporate client credit relationships. Additional responsibilities include:
- Monitor the credit quality of a portfolio of assigned corporate borrowers including periodic review of borrower financial statements, covenant compliance reports, press releases and news articles, rating agency and equity analyst reports, industry information, etc.
- Prepare credit memoranda for assigned accounts including new transactions, annual reviews, renewals, amendment, waiver requests and financial updates.
- Coordinate the credit process amongst the various product and risk teams to ensure an efficient turnaround of transactions.
- Attend bank meetings and/or client calls with the Relationship Manager.
- Interact with other bank branches to coordinate on client strategy.
- Maintain reporting related to portfolio including pipeline tracking, exposure tracking, and other general reports.
- Interact with internal and external auditors during loan examinations.
- Strong interaction with the Risk department, Coverage and Product teams
- Associate level would assist in the mentoring of Credit Analysts, Interns, and VIEs
- Clients consist of Aviation and US general corporates
- 3-4 years prior experience in a corporate banking environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Excellent writing skills – clear, concise presentation of value added information
- Strong accounting and financial statement analysis.
- Strong knowledge of financial statement analysis, Excel, and general banking practices
- Formal credit training courses are a plus
FINRA Registrations Required: Series 79 and Series 63