Reporting and Consolidation Analyst
Standard / Permanent
FINANCIAL AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
BNP Paribas is one of the euro zone’s leading banks, strongly positioned in its two core businesses - Retail Banking, Corporate & Institutional Banking - and present worldwide with nearly 192.500 employees in 73countries. BNP Paribas has more than 4000 employees in Portugal and is one of the largest foreign institutions in the country.
BNP Paribas is recruiting for its Group Finance Services in Lisbon, part of the Group Finance department. Group Finance is responsible for compiling and processing accounting and financial information in order to ensure the publication of financial information and to provide Executive Management with the necessary information for the entire Group’s financial management.
Within Group Finance Services, Accounting & Reporting is in charge of the production of the Financial Statements (IFRS standards and French GAAP) for a set of subsidiaries and the production of financial reports contributing on the BNP Paribas’s Financial and Regulatory statements. Group Finance Services enlarges its scope by handling Leasing Solutions activities.
Objective of the Job
As Reporting and Consolidation analyst, you will be responsible for the production of IAS Financial reporting, IAS Prudential, French Financial reporting of French and foreign BNP Paribas subsidiaries.
- Ensure the production and the reliability of the consolidation and prudential packages, contributing on the BNP Paribas’s Financial and Regulatory statements (quarterly and monthly)
- Ensure the production of the French Financial reporting
- Analyse variations from a closing to another through analytical reviews on the net operating income, the operating expenses, the cost of risk and the bridge between the accounting and risk data
- Maintain an efficient relationship with the accounting community especially the Business lines
- Contribute to continuous improvement of processes (controls, restitution and synthesis)
- Participate to transversal projects (new tool, merger of entities, …)
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
- Professional experience: Between 1 and 3 years of experience as accounting officer or in a similar role
- Strong understanding of accounting and international accounting framework
- Fluent in English (minimum B2 Level, CECRL certificate)
- French is a plus
- Leadership and communication skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and with international locations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Experience using Business Object is a plus
- Available to a training period abroad (up to 3 months)