Relationship Manager, Corporate Clients
Standard / Permanent
CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT
BNP Paribas Overview
BNP Paribas has a presence in 75 countries with more than 185,000 employees, including 145,000 in Europe. It ranks highly in its two core activities: Retail Banking & Services and Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB).
BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Bank is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses. With nearly 20,000 employees in over 45 countries, CIB can offer you an exciting and truly global career.
At BNP Paribas CIB, we work continuously on behalf of our clients, helping them to realize their projects around the world. You can be an important part of this, helping us to serve our clients both in mature and emerging markets, providing them with financial solutions across a diverse range of expertise, products and services. Our origins lie in Europe, but nearly a quarter of our employees now work in our multi-award-winning Asia Pacific offices and we are a committed player in all markets.
Strong risk management, combined with the stability that comes from being part of one of the largest banking groups in the world, underpin our success. Joining us, you’ll become an integral part of a dynamic team that spans nationalities, cultures and backgrounds, drawing together people from around the globe and reflecting our commitment to international placements.
BNP Paribas CIB has made client relations the cornerstone of its strategy, with the primary aims of developing long-term relationships with our clients and meeting their needs by providing solutions across the Bank’s entire product range and global presence.
Corporate Coverage includes the following areas;
· Strategic Clients - FTSE100 corporates
· Corporate Clients, which is comprised of;
(a) Corporate Clients – mid to large corporate clients headquartered in the UK
(b) Multinational Corporate (MNC) Clients – large subsidiaries of overseas headquartered clients of the Bank
· Commercial Banking Clients – smaller subsidiaries of overseas headquartered clients of the Bank
· Business Development
· Credit Analyst team
Role and Responsibilities:
The candidate’s role is defined as follows:
· Act as the relationship manager for a portfolio of allocated Corporate Clients of the bank
· The portfolio of clients is expected primarily to consist of UK corporate clients in the TMT sector
· The role includes prospecting with potential new clients to enlarge the UK franchise
As part of this role, it is envisaged that the Relationship Manager will be supported by the GRM and Associate in the TMT team as required
The Relationship Manager will be directly and solely responsible for relationship management of a portfolio of Corporate Clients, including;
· Act as the primary contact point for any client need and maintain client relationship at all levels
· Maximise the revenues and Client return on capital on his/her portfolio of clients: originate all relevant BNPP product together with Business Lines
· Develop and grow a strategic dialogue with the clients, including at CEO, CFO level – maximises BNPP’s share of strategic business with his/her clients
· Builds recurring flow business, including use of the International Network, on the portfolio of clients
· Accurate and timely reporting of pipeline (including updating of Client 1st, Strategic Client reporting)
· Active monitoring and reporting of corporate risks on the portfolio (anticipation of risk deterioration, quality of analysis and accuracy of information) – timely review of credit proposals / annual review
· Act as SBO for the KYC on the clients, ensure KYC remains current, ensure other conduct, compliance and CSR policy upheld on the portfolio
· Ensure the efficient marketing of the Group network working with Contributor RMs
· Prepare Client Action Plans, together with Business Lines
· Share relevant information with other coverage team members in a timely manner
· Promote BNP Paribas with prospect clients, develop new relationships, convert prospects into true clients
· In respect of MNC clients, coordinate transparently, efficiently with Pilot RMs and correctly follow the MNC credit process. Proactively develop business and win Pilot support
Skills & Experience Required:
· Strong client coverage skills – with proven client coverage experience
· Demonstrated ability to self-originate business and make timely decisions around the relevance of this business to the bank
· Demonstrated negotiation and execution ability
· Proven ability to develop client relationships and build new business
· Strong performance record
· Knowledge of the bank’s products and network – judgement to assess bank’s ability to deliver those products. Strong experience in Financing is a requirement
· Experience within or knowledge of the TMT sector would be advantageous
· Strong communication / English language skills
- Drive for results - Delivers high quality work
- Corporate role model, integrity & ethics - Acts with discipline and high ethical standards
- Team player & cross cultural awareness - Works effectively in a team. Collaborates and shares information and solutions with colleagues, with other teams and stakeholders
- Client focus - Sees stakeholders as well as external clients as “customers”
· Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct
· Demonstrate proactivity, transparency and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks
· Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues, partners and clients before making decisions, and escalate issues to your manager when unsure.
Please note that all applicants must disclose whether that they possess the right to work in the U.K. as per the Immigration, Asylum, and Nationality Act of 2006.