Regulatory Reporting Officer
Standard / Permanent
BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 74 countries, with more than 192,000 employees – including more than 146,000 in Europe and over 4,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been the first foreign bank to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
Regulatory reporting is the regulator mean to undertake market surveillance. It allows the regulators to identify situations of potential market abuse, insider dealing, price misdirection.
Failure to report entirely or accurately can significantly limit the regulators ability to execute his market watch role resulting in severe consequences for the bank or employees. We must ensure accuracy, consistency and completeness of information sent to regulator to reflect the correct firm market activity.
The team is charge of monitoring and control transactions reporting to regulators worldwide on behalf of all group entities. Some jurisdictions in scope are EMIR, MIFID, Dodd Frank and MMSR
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensuring the accuracy, timeliness and exhaustiveness of the trade reporting by performing a close monitoring (in-house and external systems) of transactions reported
- Tackle for all jurisdictions operational rejections; analyse them and resubmit them when required
- Answer or prepare the answer to regulators queries
- Perform in depth analysis of issues to identify root cause (IT feed issue, incorrect populated field, incorrect reporting logic applied, among others) and escalate it to relevant teams (external or internal)
- Follow-up on fixes and their release, and provide update and MIS to management
- Keep track of all open issues and follow up with IT until fix release
- Keeping procedures up to date
- Fill control plan on daily basis
- Maintaining effective working relationships with other locations (London, Paris and HK Regulatory Reporting teams) and teams (IT, project manager, Front Office, etc)
- Degree in Finance, Economy or Management (required); MSc degree is a plus
- Knowledge of financial products (Equities, Listed derivatives, Rates, FX, and/or Credit) and of the trade life cycle is a plus
- Knowledge of Regulatory Transaction Reporting (CFTC, EMIR, MIFID, MMSR) is a plus
- Fluent in English, French knowledge is a plus
- Strong Excel Skills and ability to work with heavy data files
- Excellent analytical skills to track IT issues
- Strong communications skills and able to communicate to management in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to prioritize workloads and multi tasks
- Ability and will to learn