Regional Head of Operations & Client solutions – APAC
Standard / Permanent
Derivatives Execution & Clearing Services (DEC)
DEC is structured around 3 regional hubs and 4 global functions, all reporting to the Global Head of DCS
- Regional Hubs: Americas, EMEA and APAC
- Global functions: (i) Sales & Marketing, (ii) Trade & Position Management, (iii) Operations & Client Solutions, and (iv) Business and Program Management
Our “Operations & Client Solutions” function is responsible for the good processing of Middle-Office and Back-Office for ETD clearing and OTC clearing services offered by the Business Unit. Our function breaks down into 3 main teams: (i) “Operations”, (ii) “ETD Projects” and (iii) “Client Solutions”, including the on-boarding sub-function and client services:
(i) “Operations” team is responsible for the following assignments:
- Trades capture, booking, position keeping, trade support, events management
- Client Reporting and billing
- Cash & securities settlement
- Collateral management vis-à-vis the clients
- Collateral management vis-à-vis the CCPs for OTCD Client Clearing
In addition, “Operations” teams take part of the operational on-boarding.
(ii) “ETD Projects” team is responsible for the following assignments:
- Manage projects related to ETD Clearing activities impacting the Business Unit (including regulations changes, market evolutions, new markets coverage, functional enhancements, client on-boarding and new requests) :
- Organize and structure ETD projects: planning, milestones, governance structure, costs
- Define solutions
- Write functional specifications based on business requirements
- Coordinate IT developments and manage go-live
- Represent the ETD Business for any other project within BNPP Group
- Identify alerts and attention points on ETD Projects
(iii) “Client solutions” team ( reporting both to the Regional Head of Operations & Client solutions and to the Head of Client Solutions Prime Solutions and Financing APAC ) is responsible for the following assignments:
- On-boarding assignments
- Manage the on-boarding pipeline
- Coordinate the whole on-boarding process as single point of contact vis-à-vis the client and vis-à-vis BNPP
- Prepare the contractual documentation and coordinate the signing process
- Coordinate the Compliance & Risk processes: KYC, due diligence doc, limits, etc.
- Get the green light to open account (based on previous steps)
- Monitor the client account set-up in the dedicated systems
- Indicate when developments are needed for specific clients’ needs and liaise with the “Project” teams
- Client support assignments
- Ensure the post-go live relationship management
- Manage day to day clients enquiries (act as the client escalation contact)
- Do the interface with the business
- Communicate clients requests to Business Unit (and in particular to “Products” team)
- Actively participate in the business development of the Business Unit with the existing clients
Our “Operations & Client Solutions” function is also organized around the 3 regional hubs, each having its regional emanation of the 3 teams listed above.
We are currently looking for our Head of “Operations and Client Solutions” for APAC to run the “Operations and Client Solutions” team in the region, in coordination with:
- the global head of “Operations”,
- the global head of “ETD Projects” and
- the global head of “Client Solutions”
Reporting globally to the Global Head of “Operations and Client Solutions”, the Head of “Operations and Client Solutions” for APAC is responsible for managing people and defining an adequate work organisation, allowing the achievements of goals and objectives defined for the teams.
As a management member of the Function, the Head of “Operations and Client Solutions” for APAC will also largely contribute to the structuring of the function and is expected to participate in strategic initiatives, especially on his / her field of expertise.
The job is based in Singapore and may require frequent travels (around 20%/30%).
- Management and Governance:
The Head of “Operations and Client solutions” for APAC is responsible for managing the “Operations and client solutions” team in APAC, in collaboration with the sub-functions global heads:
- Appoint relevant team members to achieve “Operations and client solutions” assignments
- Participate to hiring processes if need be
- Structure the “Operations and client solutions” team in the region
- Define the governance within his teams and ensure it is respected
- Take part in the yearly assessment of his teams members
- Ensure “Operations and client solutions” staff is given adequate trainings
- Monitor costs and control the budget of “Operations and client solutions” in the region
- Coordination between the teams:
The Head of “Operations and Client solutions” for APAC is responsible for the good coordination in APAC between:
- “Operations”, “ETD Projects” and “Client solutions” teams
- “Operations and Client solutions” team and other Business Unit business lines
- Level of service guarantee:
The Head of “Operations and Client solutions” for APAC guarantees the good level of service of his teams in APAC delivering “Operations and Client solutions” services.
The Head of “Operations and Client solutions” for APAC represents the Global Head of “Operations and Client solutions” in his region.
The Head of “Operations and Client solutions” for APAC is in charge with regard to the compliance guidelines for the “Operations and Client solutions” in APAC.
- Project contribution & Regulatory watch:
The Head of “Operations and Client solutions” for APAC is asked to contribute to the business unit development:
- Contribute to Business Unit projects
- Follow-up and anticipate the regulatory evolutions
- Regular reporting:
The Head of “Operations and Client Solutions” for APAC is expected to regularly report to the Global Head of “Operations and Clients Solutions” and Regional Head on activities, budget and alerts.
Competencies (Technical / Behavioural)
- Senior staff – significant business experience required; we would envisage that the individual would have at least 10-15 years’ experience
- Very strong management skills (teams > 20 people) and ability to manage teams with distance
- Strong knowledge of post-trade services
- Strong knowledge in OTCD clearing and/or ETD clearing and/or FX PB ; we would envisage that the individual would have a least 8-10 years’ experience in one of those fields
- Ability to quickly understand new topics
- Strong organisational skills
- Positive attitude
- Sense of responsibilities and risk
- Fluent English is both mandatory, French strongly appreciated