Rating Engine Manager
Standard / Permanent
Cardif Pinnacle is an insurance subsidiary of BNP Paribas Group in the UK, focusing on the following lines of business: pet, motor warranty and creditor protection insurance. The company is undergoing an exciting stage of growth and is seeking to recruit a Rating Engine Manager to support the delivery of dynamic pricing by organizing and maintaining an optimized rating engine structure.
In the role of Rating Engine Manager, you will be part of Actuarial and Data Analytics department working closely with Underwriting & Pricing and Data science teams and reporting directly to the Chief Actuarial Officer. You will also work closely with IT and Testing teams.
- Participating in the development of the end to end dynamic process
- Harmonisation of rating engine architecture across all business lines
- Developing and maintaining rating engine architecture, algorithms and underwriting business rules in cooperation with Underwriting & Pricing
- Deploying of a robust and automatised rating testing process and contribution to the continuous improvement of the governance framework
- Experience of working with personal lines rating engines such as, Polaris Product Writer, VP/MS, Duck Creek, Ratabase, Radar, Earnix etc.
- Understanding of insurance and actuarial pricing in personal lines insurance
- Desirable skills include:
- Experience in software development using coding languages (such as C#, SQL, VBA, Python, etc).
- Experience in IT process architecture design
We are seeking an ambitious, motivated and highly competent professional willing to develop more in depth competency in actuarial merit and who:
- Is able to deliver solutions of appropriate quality and in a timely and professional manner
- Takes responsibility for delivery and operates autonomously
- Able to respond appropriately to challenge
- Is proactive in bringing new solutions to improve efficiency of tasks and process
- Strong verbal and written communication skills for both internal and external communication
Salary / Benefits
- Competitive salary & excellent benefits
- 10% Non contributory Pension Scheme + 2.5% matched by company
- 24 days holiday per annum
- Holiday buy and sell scheme
- Shuttle bus to and from Borehamwood station (Thameslink)
- 4 x death in service benefit
- Birthday day off
- Private medical cover
- Subsidised onsite cafe
- Award winning range of flexible benefits including RAC membership, retail discounts, will writing, childcare vouchers, Art Pass