Standard / Permanent
FINANCIAL AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
Global Markets Quantitative Research is seeking to identify top calibre, highly motivated people who are prepared to hit the ground running in our dynamic, cross-asset activity.
The role will be in Lisbon, Portugal working within a team of finance professionals supporting BNPP CIB market activities globally. The role will projects and tasks worked on in collaboration with team members in London and Paris. A period of 2 to 4 months training in London or Paris is envisaged at the beginning of the role in order to become familiar with the setup and to build relationships with other team members.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This role focuses on the global management, development, delivery and support of the cross-asset analytics libraries, trading tools and information systems. The responsibilities are fulfilled through close collaboration with other quantitative developers and analysts, as well as with trading desks and various front-office IT teams.
One of the following qualifications:
- Master or PhD degree in Computer Science
- PhD in Science or Engineering, with an interest for Mathematics and Computer Science
- Active role in a significant Open Source project
- Experience with a few programming languages, esoteric skill appreciated
- Good understanding of Computer Science: algorithms, complexity, etc
- Wider IT culture: OS, parallelization, network, machine learning, new languages, etc
- Engineering mind-set and culture (Preferable)
- Interest in Open Source projects and communities (Preferable)
- Interest in financial mathematics, statistics, and stochastic calculus (Preferable)
- Hands on and proactive approach
- Accuracy and absolute attention to detail required
- Effective problem solver and consensus builder
· Fluency in English
· Notions of French are welcome
Available for a training period abroad (2 to 4 months in either London or Paris)
Mobility is one of the core principles of BNP Paribas career and management strategy that aims to meet our employees’ needs for personal development along with ensuring that the company meets the overall business and resources needs. For further details, we invite you to explore the mobility principles available on https://mymobility.hr.echonet/#/mymobility. Please assure that before applying your Manager has validated your mobility.