Standard / Permanent
FINANCIAL AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
BNP Paribas Global Markets Quantitative Research is responsible for research, design, development and support of innovative financial models and tools. This effort is undertaken in very close collaboration and daily interaction with our partners in trading, sales, risk management and IT across Europe, Americas and Asia.
This front office department is cross-asset covering Equity, Interest Rates, Credit, Commodities, Foreign Exchange and Local Markets.
Global Markets Quantitative Research is seeking to identify top calibre, highly motivated people who are prepared to hit the ground running in our dynamic, cross-asset activity.
The role will be in Lisbon, Portugal working within a team of finance professionals supporting BNPP CIB market activities globally. The role will projects and tasks worked on in collaboration with team members in London and Paris. A period of 2 to 4 months training in London or Paris is envisaged at the beginning of the role in order to become familiar with the setup and to build relationships with other team members.
This role focuses on the global management, development, delivery and support of the cross-asset analytics libraries, trading tools and information systems. The responsibilities are fulfilled through close collaboration with other quantitative developers and analysts, as well as with trading desks and various front-office IT teams.
One of the following qualifications:
- Master or PhD degree in Computer Science
- PhD in Science or Engineering, with an interest for Mathematics and Computer Science
- Active role in a significant Open Source project.
- Good understanding of Computer Science: algorithms, complexity, etc.
- Experience with a few programming languages, esoteric skill appreciated.
- Wider IT culture: OS, parallelization, network, machine learning, new languages, etc.
- Hands on and proactive approach
- Accuracy and absolute attention to detail required
- Effective problem solver and consensus builder
- Fluency in English
- Available for a training period abroad (2 to 4 months in either London or Paris)
- Engineering mind-set and culture
- Interest in Open Source projects and communities
- Interest in financial mathematics, statistics, and stochastic calculus
- Notions of French are welcome