Project Manager / Team Manager - Data Quality - Data Governance
Standard / Permanent
Business / Data Analyst
CIB IT Transversal – Data Governance – Data Quality
(Hiring Manager: )
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas (www.bnpparibas.com) has a presence in 80 countries with nearly 200,000 employees, including more than 150,000 in Europe. It ranks highly in its three core activities: Retail Banking, Investment Solutions and Corporate & Investment Banking. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail banking model across Mediterranean basin countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Investment Banking and Investment Solutions activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and solid and fast-growing businesses in Asia-Pacific.
*Rated A+ by Standard & Poor's.
The Intermediate Holding Company (“IHC”) program structured at the U.S. level across poles of activities of BNP Paribas provides guidance, supports the analysis, impact assessment and drives adjustments of the U.S. platform’s operating model due to the drastic changes introduced by the Enhanced Prudential Standards (“EPS”) for Foreign Banking Organizations (“FBOs”) finalized by the Federal Reserve in February 2014, implementing Section 165 of U.S. Dodd-Frank Act.
Hence to meet the ever changing regulatory requirements – Data Governance team have been setup. With core team based in New York and offshore team in Mumbai; this team provides a pool of project managers and business analysts to drive change throughout the organization and across locations of BNP Paribas in the U.S for various work streams - which includes CCAR, IHC, Liquidity, Risk, Compliance, HR, FinReg, FP&A and Transversal.
Offshore Team in Mumbai is looking to on-board a Project Manager, who would be supporting in Data Quality group; along with added responsibilities of working on several other projects of Data Governance group. Responsible in performing Data Quality checks on data used to generate various regulatory reports. Collaborates with key stakeholders to ensure roles and responsibilities are clear and are in alignment with the lines of business and the Data Governance Framework.
Employment Type = Full-Time (Contractual employee)
Job Type = Techno Functional
Education = Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree in management, finance, science or economics
Experience = 9+ years of experience
Shift = Afternoon shift (9:00 am to 06:00 pm & 12:00 pm to 9.00 pm-IST)
Location = Goregoan East (Infinity IT Park)
- Lead & manage Data Quality project, consisting 2 teams and approx. 12+ employees.
- Generate daily deliverables project status reports for Senior Stake holders.
- Actively mentor team, identify risk, implement controls, and work on hiring strategy of resources; perform performance appraisal.
- Perform profiling task in informatica, based on various dimensions (i.e. Completeness, Accuracy, Conformity / Precision, Validity, Uniqueness, Integrity, Timeliness and Comprehensiveness)
- Able to independently draft SQL rules (in Oracle or Informatica) and create test cases, perform SIT and UAT testing to test those rules.
- Perform QA of Data Quality (DQ) rules so that all DQ rules meet Data Governance guidelines / template requirements before they are sent to IT
- Ensure all the rules are managed via the centralized DQ master rule book.
- Ensure there are no overlaps of DQ rules across workstreams for the same data element and source systems
- Suggest guiding principles for effective DQ rule writing.
- Ability to write complex SQL queries in Oracle independently – without any assistance.
- Have a good understanding of the data flows and propose / define DQ rules for key data elements along the data journey i.e. from source system to reporting
- Review the transformation specifications written by various workstreams and propose additional DQ rules
- Collaborate with the team on the work involving data management, referential data usage, reconciliations and data consistency.
- Participation in data quality investigation and root cause analysis
- Able to work with large data in excel; streamline it with help of macro or MS Access db.
- Work extensively with the Issue Management & Remediation team and reconciliation business owners regarding identified data quality and reconciliation issues.
- Understand the requirements for data quality metrics and accordingly generate dashboards
- Able to summarize critical issues in commentary format along with charts, bar or pie diagrams and able to generate status report for senior and executive management group. Hence should also have good excel and power point skills.
- Define & implement standard reporting process, process enhancement, creating SOP’s and matrix to support the sustained execution of the data quality program, including linkage to other key programs within Data Governance such as issues management, reconciliation, data trace and documentation review process.
- Define and implement standard tools and training processes for proper backup in team.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders.
- Flexibility to lead or participate in other data governance initiatives or programs.
- Effective communication across multiple teams including development team (IT) and other stakeholders. Ability to translate business requirements and work with development teams throughout resolution, implementation and delivery.
- Act as the first line of contact to interface with Data Governance business users.
- Bachelor’s Degree, along with 9+ years of experience in any of the below:-
- Business Analysis in a financial institution,
- Data Quality rules requirement gathering and its maintenance, UAT testing,
- Dashboards requirement gathering,
- Data management area related to corporate banking or capital markets or both.
- Solid knowledge of financial industry and related products
- Experience in one or many of these data quality tools and reporting tools/applications; Informatica, Collibra, OBIEE, Tableau, OFSAA, Intellimatch etc.
- Proficient in MS Office applications; MS Project, MS Visio, MS Power Point, MS Excel, MS Access.
- Able to write SQL queries independently.
- Able to understand Regulatory initiatives like – Basel II, Basel III, Dodd Frank and CCAR.
- Knowledge of working on Informatica would be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of advanced formulas & pivot tables in excel would be added advantage.
- A self-starter who can take the process a level ahead and have the ability to think out of the box, suggest changes and challenge status quo.
- Ask questions and understand the larger picture for the tasks assigned.
- Display a sense of curiosity, enthusiasm and eagerness to understand business constraints, environment and impact on regulation for the financial industry.
- Good in both oral and written communication skills. Should be able to convey the message in both forms, in meetings and business development discussions.
- Excellent organization, analytical and time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and creatively address various topics on-hand.
- Ability to work independently and become an effective team member.
- Prior experience in similar profile or business analysis, strong problem solving/troubleshooting skills would be an added advantage.
- Communicates effectively with diverse groups and individuals. Clearly conveys information and ideas while listening and responding appropriately to all stakeholders
- Sense of curiosity, enthusiasm and eagerness to understand business constraints, environment and impact on regulation for the financial industry.
- Exceptional organizational skills, with the ability to handle complex projects in a multi-tasking environment and meet deadlines while delivering high quality results
- Able to negotiate competing requirements to reach consensus during meetings.
- Draws information from the market and applies broad knowledge base to make timely and logical decision that provides practical solutions for customers and others.