IT Project Manager
Standard / Permanent
FINANCIAL AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
The Information Technology department comprises 13 people covering help desk & end user support, network/infrastructure support and software development. All members of the respective teams are highly skilled technically. An interesting and exciting environment coupled with a commitment to ongoing personal and technical development is the key to the department’s remarkable success in staff retention.
The IT department is located at 5 Aldermanbury Square. It is from this location that the full range of IT Services is provided to staff based in 13 offices around the UK.The role
- Managing specific business and stakeholder relationships.
- Leading engagements with the business areas, accountable for the input and involvement of all areas in that engagement.
- Responsible for the successful delivery of all projects into one or more business areas, including accountability for high value business critical programmes. Directs, manages and co-ordinates all aspects of delivery including those from 3rd party suppliers, regulators and other external organisations
- Working with the business in the earliest stages of demand development and influence that to help shape a firm demand pipeline based on agreed solutions to business requirements.
Roles and responsibilities
- Acts as a gateway between IT and the business, managing the business relationship on behalf of IT, including oversight of the Standard Operating Procedures, ensuring resolution of escalated issues and ensuring business satisfaction.
- Accountable for primary day-to-day relationship with key business stakeholders on behalf of IT, owning the engagement between IT and the business.
- Delivers effective communications and manages relationships with key Project stakeholders at senior executive and direct reports' levels across the Projects and technical community, ensuring continued buy-in to the Projects.
- Leads business teams to define solutions to meet stated business requirements.
- Works with the business to shape up a portfolio of activity which will meet the business objectives in line with agreed IT strategies and architectures.
- Retains oversight of projects to ensure delivery against business expectations.
- Takes responsibility for architectural adherence, quality standards, policies and internal IT processes.
- Takes ownership for stakeholder management at multiple (and including senior exec) levels.
- Build, lead and motivate the team. Inspire the team to meet stretch targets and, through personal development and management, grow ‘A’ player capability. Actively demonstrates BNP Paribas Real Estate behaviours and acts as a role model for more junior staff.
- Maintains detailed awareness of, takes fully into account as necessary, and promotes throughout the organisation, any relevant statutory, internal or external regulations, standards and codes of good practice.
- Maintains knowledge of the business, and own technical specialism at the highest level, by reading relevant literature and through playing a role in appropriate learned, professional and trade bodies.
- Articulates best practice and is a recognised authority within BNP Paribas Real Estate in the technical specialism.
- Exercises overall responsibility for the successful delivery of the project to plan, budget and agreed quality and governance standards.
- Manages suppliers in line with agreed contractual obligations, milestones and quality standards.
- Provides day to day direction to the project team.
- Owns and drives the project planning framework, ensuring that plans are developed and tracked to appropriate standards, are integrated effectively across all work-streams, are unambiguous and achievable, and that dependencies are clearly understood and managed.
- Owns and drives the effective governance of the project ensuring that technical, risk and other standards and compliance requirements are met and that the project governance framework is comprehensively defined and firmly embedded across all areas of the project.
- Manages and co-ordinates projects, their interdependencies, and associated risks and issues, escalating as appropriate to the Head of Software Development.
- Controls the project scope, ensuring that rigorous change control is exercised.
- Ensures the integrity of the project - focusing inwardly on the internal consistency of the project and outwardly on its coherence with other technology and business initiatives including managing interfaces/alignment with other projects, business as usual and specialist technical or service standards.
- Ensures the project resource plan is maintained and met and that appropriately skilled and experienced individuals are appointed in line with delivery plans.
- Actively manages and challenges supplier resource models where appropriate.
- Ensures delivery of the platform and service meets requirements and that acceptance and handover to business as usual are managed against agreed acceptance criteria and to a defined plan.
- Ensures that all project status reporting is accurate, informative and timely and directly provides progress reports to the Head of Software Development at agreed intervals.
- Initiates extra activities and other management interventions wherever gaps in the project are identified or issues arise.
- Provides an ongoing `health check' of the project to confirm that delivery meets the objectives and continues to make effective use of available resources.
- Influencing/Networking – developing internal and external business relationships and using own knowledge, skills and experience to influence others’ opinions and actions.
- Communications – making oneself understood, sharing information, listening to and encouraging others to get involved. Must be able to translate technical concepts into business language.
- Practical & Business Focused Project Management – understanding of what makes change projects work, why they fail and what needs be done at inception to influence the outcome. Must be able to recognise issues in active projects.
- Planning and Delivery of Business Performance – working towards the success of business objectives and following through task focused initiatives.
- Analysis, Creativity & Innovation – able to conceive original and practical solutions to complex and business-critical problems.
- Project Management experience
- Track record of managing business and technical projects of strategic significance via third party suppliers
- Project mobilisation/initiation/planning experience
- Experience of managing significant business change/transformation challenges
- A strong business/IT hybrid
- Working knowledge of MS SQL
- Working knowledge of Oracle PL/SQL
- Understanding of XML structures
- Understanding of web service principles
- Experience in integration of disparate systems
- Has operated in roles facing off directly to executive levels – a track record of successfully managing stakeholder relationships at this level is definitely preferred.
- Property services industry experience .
- Ability to manage and deliver projects in a business that is undergoing a high degree of organisational and strategic change.
- Formal external qualification/accreditation to Prince II or PMI methodologies, or at least experience of Prince II/PMI in a project environment.