Production Support - BWE
Standard / Permanent
This position is for Bank of the West ProjectThis position is an ETL Production support operations engineering position. The job requires prior experience working in infrastructure\\development\\production support knowledge in ETL(Informatica) and data warehousing environment. A good knowledge on ETL architecture in unix\\linux environment. The candidate will be part of the BIDM Production\\Operations team and provide L1/L2 support for Informatica\\Datawarehouse jobs. The candidate will need to be good in communication and technical skills to understand and troubleshoot production job failures.
• 8 + years of experiene in Informatica development/production support. Ability to understand and architect ETL solutions for production support activities.
• Provide L1\\L2 tier production support (oncall rotation ) for ETL jobs in production.
• Able to understand\\write\\troubleshoot shell scripts and sql (Oracle) for regular maintenance jobs to improve performance and uptime of Informatica platform.
• Collaborate internally with BIDM and external sources to maintain SLA and provide escalations.
• Maintenance of the Informatica ETL platform infrastructure (upgrades, patches, health monitoring). • Worked on Change Management Tools to track all the incidents and changes and to plan the production changes as per the change management policies.
• Troubleshooting ETL jobs and follow escalation procedures to resolve the issue.
• Collaborate and work with development team on L3 issues and follow the task to completion.
• Provide on call support for Informatica ETL jobs (on rotation 24x7).
• Participate in BIDM IT upcoming releases, risks, mitigation plan and create implementation plan.
• Ensures adherence to bank and information systems policies and procedures, security measures and audit standards.
• Able to understand process quickly and apply processes for the BIDM Prod-Ops.
• Team player and mentor junior support engineers.