BNP Paribas Securities Services, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the BNP Paribas Group, is a leading global custodian and securities services provider backed by the strength of a universal bank. It provides integrated solutions to all participants in the investment cycle including the buy-side, sell-side, corporates and issuers.
The overriding purpose of the CCS UK Product team is to develop BNP Paribas’s domestic UK securities clearing and custody business and Broker Dealer Outsource business in the UK, working in tandem with the rest of the CCS Product Management team.
The Product Manager will develop product strategy by working with clients, building and executing a product development road-map to achieve and maintain a competitive advantage to meet agreed financial targets. He/she will develop product solutions to anticipate and address the market’s needs on an ongoing basis.
The main duties will include:
Product development and maintenance:
- Design and agreement of tactical solutions for new service requirements;
- Proactively identify product development opportunities, building business cases and sponsoring
- Develop and maintain product collateral;
- Maintain the product road map; planning and agreeing developments with IT suppliers and operations;
- Assess and planning for the new requirements from existing clients in conjunction with Client Segment;
- Support Client Segment in maintaining data on client segments and the competition;
- Industry watch: sourcing, compiling and interpreting information on pertinent developments within industry bodies and services (e.g. the regulators, market depositories/clearers, central banks, consultants) in conjunction with Client Segment.
- Training and support for the sales and relationship management teams
- Direct involvement in certain aspects of the sales process
Product P&L management
- Manage the revenue and cost lines month on month – forecasting impact of sales plan as it unfolds;
- Operational cost analysis, setting cost income ratio targets & fee schedules
- Service delivery monitoring through the use of KPIs prepared by operations, regular meetings with relationship and account managers;
- Obtain feedback from existing clients, prospects or ex clients directly where appropriate;
- New business proposals: approving clients, price, terms and service specification; developing proposals with Coverage for larger/complex deals;
- New business contract negotiations
Skills & Experience Required
• Direct experience of the securities services industry in the UK.
• The ability to assess business/new product opportunities and develop and present business cases where appropriate.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Knowledge and experience of the UK/international broker-dealer and banking sectors is essential.
• Excellent team working skills
• The ability to meet deadlines and work to competing deadlines
• A strong work ethic together with the ability to deliver results.
BNP Paribas promotes equality of opportunity and is committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.