Standard / Permanent
FINANCIAL AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
• developing product strategy: working with Client Segment, identification/validation of target market segments; building and executing a product development road-map achieve and maintain competitive advantage, and to meet agreed financial targets
• developing and maintaining product solutions working with Client Segment to anticipate and address the market’s needs on an ongoing basis, to create the market-leading solution for our target market segments;
• writing business cases, and product approval documents for any new developments
• sponsoring new product implementation projects (executed by IT and Operations) in tandem with Programme Management
• Support Client Segment in competitor and target market analysis
• developing and maintaining product collateral (e.g. standard product description, story boards, standard scope of services documents, ‘demo’ environments and scripts);
• developing and maintaining pricing models, pricing guidelines, setting pricing strategy; reviewing and approving financial proposals;
• managing unit costs with operations to enable BNP Paribas to compete;
• monitoring and managing product profitability
• product training and support for the sales and relationship management teams, including client engagement at the appropriate times;
• monitoring service delivery to maintain/enhance client satisfaction levels and to preserve/enhance BNP Paribas’s market reputation.
Key Responsibilities of the role:
• Product development and maintenance:
- Design and agreement of tactical solutions for new service requirements;
- Proactively identify product development opportunities, building business cases and sponsoring
- Develop and maintain product collateral;
- Maintain the product road map; planning and agreeing developments with IT suppliers and operations;
- Assess and planning for the new requirements from existing clients in conjunction with Client Segment;
- Support Client Segment in maintaining data on client segments and the competition;
- Industry watch: sourcing, compiling and interpreting information on pertinent developments within industry bodies and services (e.g. the regulators, market depositories/clearers, central banks, consultants) in conjunction with Client Segment.
• Sales support:
- Training and support for the sales and relationship management teams
- Direct involvement in certain aspects of the sales process
• Product P&L management:
- Manage the revenue and cost lines month on month – forecasting impact of sales plan as it unfolds;
- Operational cost analysis – monitoring and challenging the cost drivers;
- Setting cost income ratio targets;
- Setting fee schedules.
• Service Management:
- Service delivery monitoring through the use of KPIs prepared by operations, regular meetings with relationship and account managers;
- Obtain feedback from existing clients, prospects or ex clients directly where appropriate;
• New business:
- New business proposals: approving clients, price, terms and service specification; developing proposals with Coverage for larger/complex deals;
- New business contract negotiations – depending on the complexity this can be limited to determining the bank’s position on sticking points (in conjunction with Legal);
- Provide product/business expertise in the sales process as required.
Skills and Experience required
• Ideally direct experience of the securities services industry in the UK;
• Ability to assess business/new product opportunities and develop and present business cases where appropriate.
• Authoritative in front of clients, consultants and internal stakeholders.
• The ability to work as part of a team to fulfil the collective purpose of the team and the specific responsivities of this role as listed above.
• Excellent time management skills along with the ability to work well under pressure.
• Knowledge and experience of the UK/international broker-dealer and banking sectors is desirable
Competencies required for the role:
• Results and quality orientation
• Customer Focus
• Decision Making
• Team Work
• Innovation and continuous improvement
• Technical expertise
BNP Paribas promotes equality of opportunity and is committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.