Prime Brokerage Operation Support, Global Markets Operations
Standard / Permanent
HK-Hong Kong (HK)-Hong Kong
About BNP Paribas in Asia Pacific (www.apac.bnpparibas)
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you're valued as part of our team!
* excluding partnerships
The principal goal for Prime Brokerage operations team is to follow all the trade cycle from the booking to the settlement and ensure all the operations done by the client are executed and settled smoothly and consequently all the information’s reported in the client portfolio are accurate and verified.
Main activities are:
- Booking and monitoring the operations (including but not limited to OTC, Listed cash, listed derivatives) done by the hedge funds
- Follow the static data (clients data and markets data)
- Reconciliations of the operations (with the client, Arbitrage, Fixed Income or finance)
- Daily or frequent contacts with the Relationship manager in HK, London, NY or with the clients’ fund administrator or clients’ operation as well as the other PB dept (Trading, sales, risk analytics, IT).
- Investigate and answer day to day client’s request.
Main areas: settlement cash equities (bonds, equities, warrant), Corporate action ,OTC products, cash and funding, Listed derivatives
Main product: : All products in the PB scope (validated by the business an RA) - Listed derivatives, OTC, Listed cash, cash, exotic OTC, vanillas, some commodities, Fixed income products, EQS
- Booking (when it is not STP) of all operations instructed by the client and follow up of the trades (reconciliation, CoA, secondary event, etc..).
- Settle all listed cash trades on settlement date by performing pre matching ( avoid failed trades and buy in)
- Perform daily Reconciliation and explain the breaks
- Install a good efficient communication/dialogue with client and other RM, sales, ops, & IT:
- Ensure all clients query are handled correctly by the right department in a timely manner
- Follow up of any client’s request until the issue is solved
- Each client’s complaint should be followed up by an action plan to avoid the inconvenience to happen again.
- Validate the invoices after checking the data.
- Monitor the short position and inform the slab traders
- Minimize operational risk and detect fraud
- Escalation to the management and then to Management/FO/Business/Risk if needed
Competencies (Technical / Behavioural)
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Strong English verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Well developed organizational skills and ability to work independently, ability to cope with changing priorities.
- Proactive, challenge the status quo, willing to identify inefficiencies in (trade) processing and execute change.
- Experience in an Operations role is preferred
- Risk oriented mindset
- Ability to prioritize and make decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong client service orientation
- Flexible, Easily adaptable to new changes/new challenges