Policy Call Handler / Administrator
Standard / Permanent
Cardif Pinnacle in Borehamwood is seeking a full-time Policy Call Handler / Administrator to work within the Administration team on a 12 month fixed term contract.
It's a great time to join us on our progressive journey. We are a subsidiary of
BNP Paribas Cardif, a worldwide provider of insurance and savings products, and ultimately part of the global banking group, BNP Paribas.
The company is focused upon the provision of creditor, pet and motor warranty insurance. The strategy of the business is to ensure that customers are well serviced whilst focusing on the operational capabilities and efficiency.
The purpose of the role of Policy Call Handler / Administrator is to provide customer services support to our Policy Department, either via incoming and outbound telephone calls or by supporting our administrative teams. One of the main purposes is to answer and handle all incoming calls promptly and effectively. This is a multi-skilled role, and time will be split between a variety of administration work, as and when required on a daily basis. This will be a combination of Policy correspondence processing, as well as scanning, quality checking, indexing incoming post and data entry.
The Policy Call Handler/Administrator will work as part of a team delivering a first class, professional service to all customers, whilst ensuring that customer records are kept accurate and up to date.
- To answer and handle calls promptly in an enthusiastic, courteous and efficient manner
- Identify and respond to the needs of customers, resolving queries where possible or passing effectively to Senior Customer Service Advisors or the Management team.
- Apply detailed, up-to-date knowledge of products and procedures
- Promote a positive image of Cardif Pinnacle and client companies
- Seek to achieve and exceed individual and team targets
- Use call centre systems effectively and in line with department procedures
- Input all data and complete all related paperwork accurately
- Preparing batches for scanning ensuring clear policy numbers/claim numbers are defined on the batches, staples removed and splitting sheets enclosed.
- Scanning batches ensuring all pages match the number quoted, quality checking ensuring all documents can be viewed and the correct volume of pages match, indexing policy/claim batches checking the customer matches the system to the batch.
- Data Entry - ensuring all details are accurate from the claim forms when inputting onto our core systems.
- Setting up and amending direct debits
- Amending policies
- Dealing with returned post, refunds and general post and all correspondence regarding Indemnity Claims
- Completing Telephone Work Sheets
- Responding to customer emails
- Looking into more in-depth customer queries that the Customer Contact Centre are unable to deal with and calling customers with the results
- Dealing with various reports.
- Adhoc administration if required to help the rest of the customer service team
- Flexible in approach to work as may be on different workstreams daily.
- Complete work to a consistently high standard whilst maintaining a high level of productivity
- Take an active role as a team member
- Respond to changing priorities and achieve tasks quickly and efficiently
- Maintain an acceptable level of attendance, punctuality and general time-keeping
- Ensure that any potential risks that may affect operational capability or our customers are escalated to a manager immediately.
- Previous call centre experience (preferably in an inbound environment)
- Previous customer service experience
- Sound experience working towards call volumes and quality targets
- Excellent telephone manner
- The ability to communicate effectively, verbal and written
- PC literate
- Previous administration experience
- Ability to work towards tight deadlines and productivity levels
- Good attention to detail
- Excellent data entry skills
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Previous customer service experience
- Finance or Insurance industry experience
- Competitive salary & excellent benefits
- Monday - Friday, 8.30 - 17.00, 37.5 hours per week
- Plus 1 in 3 Saturdays paid as overtime, 9.00 - 13.00
- 10% Non contributory Pension Scheme + 2.5% matched by company
- 24 days holiday per annum
- Holiday buy and sell scheme
- Birthday day off
- Private medical cover
- Subsidised onsite cafe
- Award winning range of flexible benefits including RAC membership, retail discounts, will writing, childcare vouchers, Art Pass