Junior PnL Controller (M/F)
Standard / Permanent
FINANCE ACCOUNTS ET MANAGEMENT CONTROL
The BNP Paribas Group is a leader in banking and financial services, employing over 200,000 people across 80 countries and 5 continents. BNP Paribas Corporate & Investment Banking (CIB) is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses. BNP Paribas CIB, with nearly 20,000 employees in over 50 countries, can offer you an exciting and truly global career.
At BNP Paribas CIB, we work continuously on behalf of our clients, helping them to realise their projects around the world. You can be an important part of this, helping us to serve our clients both in mature and emerging markets, providing them with financial solutions across a diverse range of expertise, products and services. Our origins lie in Europe but nearly a quarter of our employees now work in our multi-award-winning Asian offices and we are a committed player in all markets.
Strong risk management, combined with the stability that comes from being part of one of the largest banking groups in the world, underpin our success. Joining us, you’ll become an integral part of a dynamic team that spans nationalities, cultures and backgrounds, drawing together people from around the globe and reflecting our commitment to international placements.
Global Markets Operation PnL is part of GMO Product Control and act as a control function over the activities of Global Market Trading. The team work very closely with a variety of teams like trading, other GMO functions, IT, Risk, Finance, etc. The environment can be very stressful and extremely busy, but also very exciting and dynamic.
As a PnL Controller for Global Markets the successful candidate will be responsible of producing the official PnL and related PnL explains.
- On a daily basis for one or more Global Markets activities:
- Produce the official PnL figures, investigate the discrepancies with the predict ran overnight and understand the economic reasons justifying the PnL (market moves, new deals, strategies, etc.).
- Reconcile Step Revaluation based Explain with Official figures
- Reconcile Step Revaluation based Explain with Risk based Explain
- Identify the main PnL drivers and comment them
- Make sure all processes / controls are in place and documented. Ensure that PnL adjustments posted are properly documented. Ensure month-end PnL delivery to Results Team and “Contrôle de Gestion” and obtain traders’ sign-off.
- Guarantee the accurate and timely delivery of PnL to traders, Management and the Results Team. Ensure PnL issues are investigated / solved in an accurate and efficient manner.
- Get the daily and EOM PnL sign-off from Traders
Contribute to the evolution of the PnL systems and their implementation in the PnL environment. Analyse and question current processes and contribute to their improvement. Participate on projects.
Be prepared to be the backup of other controllers if deemed necessary.
Master’s Degree in Maths, Finance or Economics or relevant professional experience in a Finance Back-Office or in a PnL role
Good understanding of Fixed Income products (bonds, swaps, futures, repos, fx, CDS, etc.) and Equity products, as well as their associated Risks
Fluency in English – both verbal and written – is mandatory
Very good Excel skills is mandatory; VBA knowledge is a strong plus
Excellent communication skills and able to deal with demanding environments
Robust and confident personality
Positive attitude to complying with deadlines and objectives
Effective time management and ability to prioritise workload
Strong attention to details
Available for a training period abroad (up to 4 months)