Performance Management Analyst – EMEA
Standard / Permanent
FINANCIAL AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
Business Area Overview
BNP Paribas has a presence in 75 countries with more than 185,000 employees, including 145,000 in Europe. It ranks highly in its two core activities: Retail Banking & Services and Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB).
BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Bank is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses. With nearly 20,000 employees in over 45 countries, CIB can offer you an exciting and truly global career.
At BNP Paribas CIB, we work continuously on behalf of our clients, helping them to realize their projects around the world. You can be an important part of this, helping us to serve our clients both in mature and emerging markets, providing them with financial solutions across a diverse range of expertise, products and services. Our origins lie in Europe, but nearly a quarter of our employees now work in our multi-award-winning Asia Pacific offices and we are a committed player in all markets.
Strong risk management, combined with the stability that comes from being part of one of the largest banking groups in the world, underpin our success. Joining us, you’ll become an integral part of a dynamic team that spans nationalities, cultures and backgrounds, drawing together people from around the globe and reflecting our commitment to international placements.
BNP Paribas' Global Markets business operates in the Global Interest Rates, Credit, Currency, Equity and Commodity markets. With a broad range of products and advisory services, we help our global franchise of clients find effective financing solutions, and efficient ways to manage their risks and assets. This client base comprises hundreds of corporations, institutional investors, governments and supranational organisations.
Main characteristics of the Global Markets Performance Management's activity (Controle de Gestion):
- Official provider of Global Markets financial information (revenues, costs, headcount.) to CIB Executive Committee, Global Market management and Finance
- Data analysis and reporting
- Liaison between Global Markets business and CIB Finance in Paris
- Initiates and leads the budget process
Overall Job Purpose
Reporting into the Head of Global Markets Performance Management, the EMEA Performance Management Analyst will work closely with the Business Manager and the Head of the region and will hold responsibility for the following:
• Point of contact for all Finance related matters concerning EMEA region
• Report and analyse the monthly performance of the EMEA region
• Develop analysis tools to assist the Head of the region to facilitate the management of the region
• Ensure the constant accuracy of the EMEA profitability data
• Coordinate for the production of the budget for the region – headcount, costs, revenues, client contributions Answer to any ad-hoc query related to this region
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following duties:
• Ensure the constant accuracy of the EMEA profitability data
• Develop analysis tools to assist the region head to facilitate the management of the region
• Perform Macro Analysis of revenues and client contributions and spot any mistakes or inconsistencies Analyse the headcount compared to budget and its evolution
• Analyse the managed costs and the costs allocated to the region in comparison to the budget and to previous months / periods.
• From the analysis, identify errors that can then be forwarded to the reporting team for correction in the dedicated systems
• Ensure the production of a monthly Business Review/Dashboard
• Build and maintain positive working relationships with front line relevant business manager and support staff for said region (i.e. Client Contributions, Finance, etc)
• Ensure a good coordination with GBL contacts (GBL heads and Business managers) on the follow up of the financial matters
• Play an active role in coordinating with the other regions (Business and Finance PM) on the definition of the financial rules related to the regional profitability, and the implementation in the system (Finance, MO, …)
• Ad-hoc analysis requested by region head or Performance Management or Head Office
• Support the region on a variety of requests from problem solving through to coordination in order to ensure the continuation of smooth operations
• Facilitate communication between various activity heads, and the activity heads and other functions, by clarifying information and decisions
• Coordinate the production of the budget for the region – headcount, costs, revenues, client contributions
• Keep a critical eye on the budget; identify anomalies, inconsistencies, etc.
• Help the region ‘navigate’ through the budget period as efficiently as possible
• Ensure that this information is reflected in the central systems
• A strong track record working in Finance
• Experience translating complex financial data to senior management
Essential Skills / Competencies
Drive for results - Delivers high quality work
Corporate role model, integrity & ethics - Acts with discipline and high ethical standards
Team player & cross cultural awareness - Works effectively in a team. Collaborates and shares information and solutions with colleagues, with other teams and stakeholders
Client focus - Sees stakeholders as well as external clients as “customers”
Market, product & business - Is genuinely interested in financial markets and continually learning and staying abreast of new developments. Evidences a good appreciation of economics and market dynamics, with enough understanding to present views on market conditions and trends
Essential personal skills
Diligence - Displays dedication and prioritises problems by considering the impact on the business; identifies quick-wins
Resilience - Stays calm and positive, controls his/her emotions in conflict or any situation of intense stress (due to market, time or client pressure).
Communication (Active listener and clear communicator) - Communicates clearly in both native and English languages. Communicates pro-actively with management, escalating issues as necessary.
Innovation - Thinks laterally to identify other sources of useful information and sees ways around obstacles and barriers.
Please note that all applicants must disclose whether that they possess the right to work in the U.K. as per the Immigration, Asylum, and Nationality Act of 2006.