Standard / Permanent
FINANCE ACCOUNTS ET MANAGEMENT CONTROL
Head of Operations Controls
MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
CIB Americas Operations comprises several operations lines; Trade and Treasury Support Middle Office, Loan Servicing, Trade Finance and Warehouse lending, ITO Credit Middle Office, Global Markets America Product Control, Securities Execution and Clearing, US Derivatives Execution and Clearing, Process Management and Collateral and Treasury Forecasting Liquidity Management.
CIB Americas Control, within the CIB Americas Controls & Regulatory Oversight department is mandated with driving the awareness and application of the following core elements of control and supervision throughout CIB Americas North America. Specifically,
• Facilitates control governance by evaluating, maintaining and enhancing the Operational Risk Control framework of CIB Americas Operations North America
• Owns the centralized view of the CIB Americas Operational Risk control framework, with responsibility to streamline, secure and deploy the CIB Operations control framework
• Ensure all CIB Operations controls are exhaustively and continuously mapped in the CIB Operations control and risk information application
• Key Risk Indictors and Key Performance Indicators, Daily Scorecard and Monthly Cockpit
• Tracking and escalation point for Incidents, Audit Recommendations, and Operational Procedures
• Perform granular and systematic quality assurance control reviews of Level 1 operational procedures, controls, and supervisory responsibilities of all CIB Operations teams
• Fully segregated reporting line to senior CIB Operations management, with no responsibility for operational production
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES• Develop and deploy control plans and system flow modeling.
• Continual review of Operations Control Matrices.
• Monitor and report on CIB Operations Control framework through the various control applications for Key Risk Indicators, Key Performance Indicators, audit recommendations, historical incidents, procedures, Risk Control Self Assessments and Regulatory programs.
• Assist in the design of standard control and testing procedures, templates and methodology, and the inclusion of BNP Paribas protocols and mandates for Control.
• Assist and perform walk through and data collection exercises with CIB Operations teams as required.
• Support control reviews, perform root cause reviews and add value through a recommendation/action plan approach of any CIB Operations control/procedure found to be failing or inadequate.
• Develop close partnerships with CIB Operations management, Operational Risk and Control Tower managers and staff across CIB Operations, and as applicable, other control teams and compliance teams within the organization.
• Draft operating procedures as required and publish on the territory procedure platform.
• Ensure all responsibilities are fully cross-trained.
• Excellent written and verbal skills, with confidence and composure at all levels of the business hierarchy
• Change agent with exemplary attitude: - innovative, enthusiastic, rigorous, execution oriented
-Skilled multi-tasker with efficient organization skills
-Ethical and control oriented
- Organized and adept at managing competing deliverables
• Strong team skills but comfortable working independently with clear directives
• Excellent desktop skills – including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and SharePoint
• Innovative and adept at assessing process improvement
• A minimum of 3+ year of experience in a similar role
• Independently driven and able to operate autonomously with a split team in multiple locations
• A minimum of 5+ years of experience in a similar role (Financial Services, with a Finance, Risk, Operations, Audit and or Business Management background)
• University degree or equivalent required Accounting, Finance, Business or similar
• Data flow modeling experience
• Good knowledge of banking operational products, process flows and controls
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 195,000 employees, including more than 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking:
Fully integrated in the BNP Paribas Group, BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking (CIB) is a leading provider of solutions to two client franchises: corporates and institutionals, and operates across EMEA (Europe Middle East Africa), APAC (Asia Pacific) and the Americas. The bank is a global leader in Debt Capital Markets and Derivatives. It is a top European house in Equity Capital Markets and it has leading franchises in Specialized Financing. In Securities Services, it is a top five House worldwide. BNP Paribas CIB strives to service the global economy by providing solutions to its clients in financing (ECM, DCM, specialized financing), flow banking (trade finance and cash management), financial advisory (M&A, project finance), global markets (interest rates, credit, foreign exchange, equity derivatives), risk management, and securities services.
About BNP Paribas in Canada
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign banks in the country and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group’s activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 700 employees and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as young and ambitious talent from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.