The position of Operational Risk Manager is a second line of defence to ensure compliance with standards of the
Operational Risk Management and Permanent Control framework.
The key responsibilities of the Operational Risk Manager are:
· Team lead to oversee the operational risk framework of assigned business stream.
· In charge of oversight diligences “deep dive” on key identified risks.
· Assess and monitor control effectiveness with ability to identify deficiencies towards a transversal view
across business and functions to form an end to end view.
· Ensure the compliance with applicable standards of the Permanent Control framework and Operational Risk.
· Contribute to the definition and promotion of Permanent Control and Operational Risk standards,
methodologies and procedures.
· Provide a critical analysis and review of the Risk assessments produced by the first line of defence OPC.
· Provide assistance to operational risk correspondents on operational risk methodologies, procedures, tools
support and on follow up actions.
· Provide assistance in preparation of operational risk control committees.
· Coordinate with Global Risk ORC function on reporting, standards or tools implementation.
· Provide assistance and support to regional initiatives on operational risk and internal control reviews and
other ad hoc projects.
· Contributes to the internal or regulatory reporting, when required.
Competencies (Technical / Behavioural)
Solid understanding of risk management and sound operational risk practices.
· Accomplished and resourceful leadership to supervise operational risk practices within a business.
· Deep appreciation of robust governance in the context of risk and control environment.
· Strong analytical skills with ability to reference against standards, highlight anomalies and assess key risk
· Highly motivated, independent and proactive self-starter individual.
· Excellent communicator with interpersonal and stakeholder relationship management skills.
Specific Qualifications Required
University graduate with at least 7-10 years of relevant experience in risk management, control function,
preferably with relevant exposure to consulting or audit background.
· Prior experience or practical understanding in previous roles may include but not limited to
Front/Middle/Back Office, Operations or Functional role(s).
· Preferred candidates should possess robust knowledge of banking products in the area of Private Wealth
Management and / or Corporate Institutional Banking.