Operational Risk Analyst - 6 Month FTC
Standard / Permanent
FINANCIAL AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
This role is a 6 Month FTC
BNP Paribas Real Estate UK is actively looking for an Operational Risk Analyst to implement their risk management and control program within their new organisation following the acquisition of Strutt & Parker.
For the 6 months, the focus will be on the creation and/or maintenance of operational risk mappings together with the business lines (1st Line of Defence). Any high risks will require developing controls (control plan, methodology, etc) and procedures with the relevant experts in the business;
For the permanent role, if offered, the following deliverables will then be added:
- Coordination of controls done by the business and reporting of results,
- Performing some controls,
- Collection and recording of incidents,
- Recommendations/ corrective actions follow up
- Normative Framework
- Proactively suggest improvement to the permanent control and operational risk measurement & management framework and processes
- Contribute to regulatory-watch
- Adapting the Group generic control plan in discussion with the 1st Line of Defence when needed, and calibrate to the UK activities to manage key risk areas
- Coordinate and gather control results into quarterly reports
- Assist in the production of the Internal Control Committee presentation and other various reporting
Supervision of the 1st line of Defence (LoD1)
- Assist and advise the LoD1 on the implementation of the OR framework in their business lines/activities, and ensure its compliance with Group and BNPP RE guidelines;
- Support LoD1 on OR matters in liaison with relevant RISK ORC or other teams;
- Proactively disseminate OR culture through relationship building, communication, and gaining business commitment;
- Create training aids and deliver training to LoD1.
Challenge the 1st line of Defence (LoD1)
- Collect Historical Incidents (HI), analyse/investigate them and follow up on related action plan;
- Challenge LoD1 controls and remediation action plans
- Impulsion/revision in Potential Incident (PI) identification and quantification with the LoD1 when due.
- Assist in Potential Incident (PI) identification and quantification with the LoD1 when due.
- Participate to relevant Committees and community meetings as requested (OPC community group, Internal Control Committee, etc)
- Communicate on incidents as soon as they occur
- Educated to degree level
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Experience in risk management and/or control function or in risk areas that are relevant for OR management (e.g. 2nd Line of Defence, Quality Assurance, etc)
- Ideally experience in the property industry advantageous
- Proven ability to earn trust and respect with colleagues and senior management
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to work across both functional and geographical lines
- Good judgment
- Motivated and driven
- Future orientated
- Responsiveness to colleagues
- Able to tailor communication appropriately across the organisation
BNP Paribas Real Estate is proud to be an inclusive employer, as recognised by our RICS Inclusive Employer status and the Stonewall Equality Index.