Standard / Permanent
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
Description of the Department: (this is an overview of the department's mission)
The Investment Analytics (IA) team sits within Asset and Fund Services division of BNP Paribas Securities Services (BP2S). The teams mission is to provide investment analytics services to internal and external clients of BP2S. The three key services areas are:
• Service delivery of investment performance & risk analytics for internal and external clients
• Client relationship management support for internal and external clients of IA in Asia
• Technical expertise and product consulting for internal and external clients of IA in Asia
IA are a specialised, analytical and client services focused team. To enable them to complete their roles fully, they are required to communicate effectively with
• Relationship Managers
• Client Service Managers
• Securities Administration
• Fund Administration
• Product Managers
• IA team in Europe
• BNP Paribas Clients
• Invesment Managers
• Assets consultants
• Data Suppliers
Key Responsibilities: (please provide details of the key responsibilities for this position, including (if applicable) the management of staff)
The main responsibility of this role is to manage on-boarding projects.
The client implementation team is the single point of contact of the sales team to on-board new clients.
The onboarding specialist may also participate in the pre-sales phase providing the Sales team with planning and costs proposals for the project.
The on-boarding project starts after the pre-sales phase performed by the Sales team.
The onboarding specialist will be in charge of the following activities:
• Collect from the sales team all the required information to on-board the client using the existing tools (services and funds matrix, for example)
• Identify all the required tasks and allocate them to the different teams – production, client facing, business analysts, …
• Estimate the resources needed to perform the on-boarding anticipating new hirings or staff re-allocations
• Put in place, monitor and lead an adapted project governance
• Follow-up, monitor and communicate the costs of the project on a monthly basis to senior management
• Coordinate the project from the start to the end assuming a leader role in all the related subjects
• Identify and put in place all the required actions so that the new client is on-boarded under the IA target operating model
• Prepare and anticipate the project closure and the transfer to the production/client facing team.
Day to Day Contacts
The onboarding specialist will have multiple day to day contacts: within IA, within BP2S and with the client
A. Internal IA contacts
• Sales team especially during the first part of the projects
• Business analysts dedicated to on-boardings, throughout the entire project life
• Data management
• Production and client facing as this team will be in charge of the BAU (business as usual)
• Research & Development if the on-boarding covers a new product and assistance is required
• Finance to monitor the project costs
• Other client implementation community members (Paris, London, Chennai, Singapore, Sydney)
B. BP2S contacts
• Relationship managers in charge of the commercial aspects of the project
• Program managers if the on-boarding is BP2S-wide
C. Client contacts
• The onboarding specialist may also have a day to day contact with the client. Depending on the client structure it can be:
• Onboarding specialists
• Performance and reporting analysts
• Senior managers
Average % Time Spent on Major Activity Areas
Task allocation may vary significantly from the indicative percentages listed below due to business requirements and priorities. The percentage of the time allocated to particular tasks and the tasks allocated may change over time due to streamlining of processes and changes in organisational structure.
Major Activity or Task Percentage Time
Client Onboarding 35%
Process Improvement 15%
Liaise with Internal/External clients 25%
Ad Hoc Projects 15%
System Development 10%
Qualifications & Experience required for the role:
Tertiery Qualification in Engineering, Finance or MBA from Business School.
Technical Skills required for the role: (please indicate the technical knowledge and key systems skills required)
• Strong understanding of financial markets and investment management processes, including middle and back office functions.
• Knowledge and experience in the asset management performance and reporting business (minimum 5 years)
• Prior client onboarding or systems project implementation proven experience (minimum 2 years)
• Strong initiative, analysis capabilities and ability to communicate both orally and in writing
• Strong client focus
• Team player and leadership skills
• Excellent communication skills in English
• Qualifications such as CFA, CIPM or FRM or Masters (Commerce / Finance)
• Understanding of front office functions
• Experience in fixed income attribution
• Understanding of ex ante risk analysis, such as VaR, stress testing
IT Skills Required:
Package Level of Proficiency Required –
i.e. Beginner, Intermediate or
Hiport / Multifonds Intermediate
IA ( proprietary system) Advanced*
*for external candidates, appropriate training will be provided.
Core Competencies required for the role: (please identify the core competencies from the Appendix and copy and paste them into this section)
Critical Performance Competencies
• Customer Focus – Actively seeks opportunities to assist customers and develop rapport.
• Managing Work, especially oversight of our offshore production centres
• Strong communication skills especially with external clients
• Collaboration : Working effectively with others in the organisation outside the line of formal authority
• Technical Skills : knowledge of the performance calculation standards, Good understanding of the Investment Management process