MLRO - Financial Security, Hong Kong
Standard / Permanent
HK-Hong Kong (HK)-Hong Kong
- Direct contribution to the Bank’s operational permanent control framework.
- Familiar with and keep abreast of changes in local regulatory requirements and Group AML policy, and disseminate any changed to affected businesses.
- Review, implementation and testing of Group / CIB KYC procedures and other applicable group policies.
- Advisory to all métiers in Hong Kong on KYC standards with an ancillary AML surveillance role as well.
- Identify, investigate and report suspicious activity and transaction, and escalate any material risk relevant information to Head of Financial Security and KYC, Hong Kong
- Develop, deliver and track AML/CTF and sanctions training for CIB Hong Kong on a transversal basis
- Supporting the métiers on assessing and advising on KYC analysis for sensitive clients (e.g. oil and gas, PEP accounts, gaming and casino establishments, charities and non-profitable organizations, embassies, money services businesses etc) as well as clients in sensitive industries (e.g. agri, palm oil, nuclear, mining etc) and where time allows other business.
- Advising all métiers and Client Management on CIB KYC standards, particularly in conjunction with the requirements of the Hong Kong AML (Financial Institutions) Ordinance and the European Directives.
- Working with front, middle and back office staff to ensure that appropriate controls, surveillance reports and procedures are in place to support and monitor any new business/product and that such procedures are as consistent as possible with group standards and procedures.
- Acting as Level 3 SHINE control in respect of sanctions violation alert management.
- Conducting relevant periodic Compliance and Control testing
- Conducting transaction monitoring to ensure consistency between anticipated transaction volume, size and frequency and actual account activities.
- Coordinating, implementing and enhancing AML/CTF and Sanctions monitoring tools (e.g. ATOM, REGLISS, SHINE etc), controls/objectives as well as, risk assessments in various current reporting processes, and suggesting enhancements to current reporting mechanisms.
- Assisting in handling internal audit and regulatory/law enforcement agency requests/investigations in the areas of AML and Sanctions Compliance in Hong Kong (and time permits other countries in Asia Pacific).
- Supporting the AML and Sanctions training efforts in Hong Kong, as well as initiatives to enhance the online training programmes and promote AML/CTF & Sanctions Compliance awareness and culture.
Qualifications & Competencies Required
- University graduate with relevant professional qualifications (e.g. ICA, ACAMS or other relevant qualifications).
- 8-10 years’ of relevant working experience, with at least 3 to 5 years’ experience in an MLRO or other senior role which has given them exposure to Financial Security.
- Preferably some legal or regulatory experience.
- Excellent writing skills (English) and analytical skills to produce clear constructive advice under pressure and within short timeframes.
- Excellent communication skills and preferably with some experience of dealing in multiple countries in Asia Pacific.
- Good general knowledge of the International Sanctions regimes in place and some experience in dealing with sanctions issues as they affect financial institutions.
- A good knowledge of debt capital markets, corporate finance and structured finance transactions.
- A working knowledge of how AML/CFT & Sanctions risks are managed, and clients and products are risk scored and monitored is essential.
- Experience in advising numerous staff across Compliance, front line and Operations across various countries.
- An understanding of the fundamental AML/CFT & Sanctions laws, regulations and suspicious reporting standards in the Greater China region.
- Evidence an attention to detail and have an investigative and questioning nature.
- Evidence strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and consult at all levels.
- Ideally be flexible and have a hands-on in work style, with the ability to work independently to carry out projects.