FXMM - Matching Analyst (M/F)
Standard / Permanent
FINANCIAL AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
The BNP Paribas Group is a leader in banking and financial services, employing over 184,000 people across 75 countries and 5 continents.
BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB) is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses. BNP Paribas CIB, with nearly 30,000 employees in over 57 countries, can offer you an exciting and truly global career.
The mandate of the Documentation Department is to ensure that every trade done by the FO, as well as every associated event to an existing OTC transaction that requires a confirmation, is properly confirmed with the counterparty in due time.
Our main clients are Corporates (major corporations & medium-sized companies) and financial institutions (general and specialised international banks, pension funds, fund managers, insurance companies and central banks).
We cover multiple asset classes that are: Foreign Exchange, Money Market, Equity Derivatives, Credit and Interest Rate Derivatives and Commodity trading (power, gas, oil, precious metals etc).
The Documentation Department is set to develop in the coming period of time by reaching the size of 9 teams with a total of approximately 80 team members.
The Matching teams are responsible for checking the integrity and accuracy of the booking and help managing the subsequent risks undertaken by the business lines.
The Matching teams’ primary function is to support the Trading and Sales desks through the matching of electronic and paper confirmations on a variety of products (vanilla, exotics, complex structures) and asset classes (Foreign Exchange, Money Market, Credit and Interest Rates Derivatives, Equity Derivatives, precious metals and other commodities).
The Matching teams perform a critical control role in the timely reconciliation of bookings with clients’ confirmations. The teams are also responsible for verbal and /or written affirmation of trade details with clients before the value date or the maturity of the concerned transactions. The teams ensure that all incoming confirmations are controlled, issues identified, reported and fixed by working closely with traders, sales people, legal and other relevant departments in the bank.
They are also involved in process improvements with a special focus on straight through processing (STP) and management of risk and controls, new product initiatives, development of new business in different regions of the world.
- Checking of FO booking to ensure all trades are captured in the systems and that the details are in line with documentations received from clients.
- Verify and match legal confirmations (electronic and/or physical) according to the ISDA definitions, approved confirmation templates and other relevant industry recommendations and best practices.
- Ensure a correct archival of all incoming confirmations.
- Monitor workflows to ensure incoming confirmations are prioritised accordingly and ensure timely matching of confirmations.
- Contribute to meeting regulatory confirmation execution targets.
- Identifying and solving financial and/or legal discrepancies on incoming confirmations.
- Resolving queries and exceptions where necessary, understanding the importance of effective escalation
- Timely resolve mark-ups on outstanding trade confirmations
- Daily liaison with Customers on discrepancies and assisting in confirmations to meet their needs
- Liaise with drafting teams, Legal, Trading and Sales to agree documentation with Counterparties
- Daily responsibility for verbally confirming trade details
- Ensure Static Data setup linked to confirmations for new / existing clients
- Review regulatory breaches to provide commentary and trend analysis (in particular DTCC exception analysis and remediation)
- Continuous review of processes and controls ensuring high level of risk management.
- Daily report through ORUS of the identified risk areas
- Proactively contribute to improve team effectiveness through Continuous Improvement approach
- Maintaining effective working relationships with Front office Trading and Sales, Legal, Compliance, IT and other Operational areas in Paris, Montreal or Singapore and globally through daily interactions
- Be customer focused by maintaining excellent relationships with our external clients; understand their organisation and their expectations.
- Meet clients’ expectations in the strict respect of internal group policies and procedures in place.
- Master Degree
- Fluent in English (both oral and written communication) is mandatory
- Knowledge of French is a strong advantage
- Excellent understanding of OTC derivatives including trade life cycle is a plus
- Experience of ISDA definitions and Master Agreements, EFETnet, EEX, Powernext, ICE e-confirm
- Excel Skills (intermediate)
- Excellent numerical skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to prioritize workloads and use a proactive approach to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Be driven, enthusiastic and dynamic in search of improving processes, controls & procedures
- Good synthesis skills
- Availability for a training period abroad (up to 3 months)