Market Services Procurement Manager
Standard / Permanent
PROCUREMENT OR SECURITY OR FACILITIES MANAGEMENT
BNP Paribas Corporate & Investment Banking (CIB) is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses. We are part of the BNP Paribas Group, a financial institution with solid foundations and a proven ability to adapt to change. BNP Paribas CIB, with nearly 20,000 employees in over 50 countries, can offer you an exciting and truly global start to your career.
At BNP Paribas CIB, we work continuously on behalf of our clients, helping them to realise their projects around the world. You can be an important part of this, helping us to serve our clients both in mature and emerging markets, providing them with financial solutions across a diverse range of expertise, products and services. Our origins lie in Europe but nearly a quarter of our employees now work in our multi-award-winning Asian offices and we are a committed player in all markets.
Strong risk management, combined with the stability that comes from being part of one of the largest banking groups in the world, underpin our success. Joining us, you’ll become an integral part of a dynamic team that spans nationalities, cultures and backgrounds, drawing together people from around the globe and reflecting our commitment to international placements.
Business Area Overview
Brokerage and Transaction Fees Management Team have a global perimeter and are responsible for:-
•Commercial management of brokerage cost base for Fixed Income, Equities and Commodities businesses globally.
•The relationship management of interdealer brokers.
•Identifying opportunities for cost reduction in brokerage and other transactional services (e.g. post trade)
•Projects to improve brokerage and fees management processes.
•Operation of controls and systems relating to Broker relationships.
Overall Job Purpose
The Market Services Procurement Manager will work in our CIB Global Procurement team based in London. This is an exciting opportunity for a commercially and numerically strong professional, to work on a global basis with the trading business of BNP Paribas Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB). The role will be focused on complex brokerage or platform contracts negotiation, some IT orientated services, as well as opportunities to optimize other types of transactional cost (exchange fees, custody, clearing).
Responsible for contributing to the optimization of CIB cost base, by delivering savings while respecting sustainable development, for targeted areas:
• Defining with the Global Head of Brokerage/CPO the strategic approach for the categories of expense which have been delegated
• Review market developments and trends, and identify cost opportunities resulting from new Brokerage/Transactional service offerings and/or market shifts
• Influence and manage internal stakeholder relationships (typically, front office business managers, traders, and back office contacts)
• Applying suitable methodology as defined by policy/procedures taking charge of negotiations with Brokers and other 3rd party service providers
• Overseeing management of contracts/databases advising the business of upcoming renewals, and procurement strategic proposals
• Coordinate the community / stakeholder relationships (typically, front office business managers, traders, and back office contacts) to review the evolution of the category under management
Skills & Experience
• Financial Services / Markets experience / some knowledge of fixed income, equities and commodities products.
• Commercial or Procurement background including negotiation and/or buying skills
• Preference for knowledge of contract law
• Degree / Post-graduate qualified
• English (French language an advantage)
Essential Skills / Competencies
Drive for results - Delivers high quality work
Risk awareness - Demonstrates a good awareness of risk and fundamental risk concepts. Always considers risk in his/her daily activities
Corporate role model, integrity & ethics - Acts with discipline and high ethical standards
Team player & cross cultural awareness - Works effectively in a team. Collaborates and shares information and solutions with colleagues, with other teams and stakeholders
Client focus - Sees stakeholders as “customers”
Market, product & business - Is interested in financial markets and continually learning and staying abreast of new developments. Can evidences a good appreciation of market dynamics, with enough understanding to present views on market conditions and trends
Business risk - Understands the market, operational, compliance, legal, regulatory and reputational risks he/she managers
Essential personal skills
Communicating with impact ‐ to influence stakeholders especially when interests are not aligned
Stakeholder management and influencing skills (global stakeholder base) ‐ increasing Procurement influence, improved outcomes from business proposals
Innovation - Thinks laterally to identify other sources of useful information and sees ways around obstacles and barriers.
Diligence - Displays dedication and prioritises problems by considering the impact on the business; identifies quick-wins
Resilience - Stays calm and positive, controls his/her emotions in conflict or any situation of intense stress (due to market, time or client pressure).