Market Intelligence/Financial Controller Analyst
Standard / Permanent
BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 74 countries, with more than 192,000 employees – including more than 146,000 in Europe and over 4,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been the first foreign bank to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
The Strategy team supporting the Corporate and Institutional Banking division (CIB) is building up a transversal Hub dedicated to Market Intelligence in Lisbon and is recruiting analysts to gather and share knowledge on CIB business and market.
As part of the Market Intelligence team the Analysts will be in charge of monitoring the wholesale banking universe trends and disruptive trends evolution (digital, regulatory, new entrants…), providing quarterly benchmarking of Top-16 CIB competitors, supporting Business Lines and coordinating external providers (Coalition, Oliver Wyman, Dealogic, Greenwich…) on ad hoc competitive positioning analysis.
The CIB strategy team based in Paris is positioned as an insightful and transversal partner, interacting with a large ecosystem across CIB and at the Group level.
Beyond Market Intelligence the team works along 3 main pillars:
· Strategic Advice: help formulate a prospective vision and transformation path for CIB on its markets and provide strategic support to Domains on their key orientations.
· Management Support: provide ad hoc support to senior management on specific topics or projects and facilitate the preparation of management presentations (e.g. ECB, Group Management Committees, Town halls).
· Development: contribute to run and review selected development or investment projects at CIB level, cross-domains, in close coordination with Group Development.
Role and responsibilities
The selected candidate will work under the supervision of the Head of Market Intelligence based in Lisbon and will be responsible for performing the following duties:
· Information search: The candidates will be in charge of finding the relevant information among peers’ financial publications, press releases and will also have to navigate databases from external providers (Coalition, Dialogic).
· Data input and control: Ensure that financial information is inputted in a timely, accurate and complete manner. Perform key audit and controls of data inputs of the team. Identify opportunities to improve processes and procedures.
· Quantitative modelling: The candidates will have to retrieve and model the information using software such as Alteryx and Tableau.
· Qualitative synthesis: The analysts will have to understand and identify the main conclusions/trends coming out of the quantitative data search and modelling in order to format the relevant information and prepare high-quality presentations within demanding timeframes such as the quarterly CIB peers’ benchmarking or ad hoc market studies and competitive positioning analysis.
· Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
· Fluency in English is mandatory
· Proficiency in MS Excel and Power Point. Knowledge of Alteryx and Tableau would be appreciated
· Comfortable working with large datasets
· Advanced drafting and formatting capacity
· Understanding and former knowledge of the wholesale banking industry would be a plus
· Rigor, analysis and summary skills
· Strong interest in market intelligence / knowledge management
· Proactivity, drive and self-reliance
· Client oriented mind set to constantly meet clients’ expectations and learn from client feed-backs
· Strong communication and collaborative skills, adopts a communication style which is open, critical and constructive
· Genuine team-player: strong communication and interpersonal skills, willingness to foster team
· Availability to a training period abroad
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.