Standard / Permanent
FINANCIAL AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
BNP Paribas is one of the euro zone’s leading banks, strongly positioned in its two core businesses - Retail Banking, Corporate & Institutional Banking - and present worldwide with nearly 192.500 employees in 74 countries. BNP Paribas has more than 4000 employees in Portugal and is one of the largest foreign institutions in the country.
Group Finance Services is a European finance operations center in Lisbon, and part of BNP Paribas Group Finance function. This function is responsible for compiling and processing accounting and financial information in order to ensure the publication of financial information and to provide Executive Management with the necessary information for the entire Group’s financial management. It is also responsible for the design, deployment and evolution of financial information systems.
Within Group Finance, “Purchasing Solutions & Accounts Payable” (PS&AP) is in charge of the cost accounting operations, processes and systems for the Group.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As Manager Process Design and Systems Implementation, you are responsible for the Group Invoice Processing and Purchase to Pay process design and Core model roll out in all Group Entities. You are responsible for the design, build and evolution of the Group Cost Accounting platforms.
Your main missions are to:
- Manage teams of Cost Accounting business analysts with two team leaders reporting to you (~20 people)
- Assuring the correct definition and implementation of accounting process, accounting schemes and related controls in a fast changing regulatory environment.
- Managing deployment projects of the Group Cost Accounting Solution and assist the entities and the business in their change management and transformation.
- Ensuring that Group Finance methodology, standards and controls are properly applied.
- Assuring the compliance with data quality guidelines;
- Defining and handling the capacity planning and the operating budget, with the team leaders in the team.
- In coordination with the stakeholders, to develop Business Cases and mid-term roadmaps for the main projects and evolutions of the accounting processes and platforms.
• Master’s degree or equivalent in Finance/Business Administration
• Professional experience: at least 12 years of experience managing Finance Teams and/or project managers.
• Previous experience in audit, in change management and/or in the coordination of major finance transformation projects.
• Strong leadership skills and proven experience of delivering results
• Strong interpersonal skills, at all levels of the organization, both face-to-face and remote.
• Strong knowledge of Finance, Accounting and/or purchase-to-pay processes
• Willing to learn about Financial Information Systems and to explore new domains.
• Ability to work in a fast changing environment, with international locations and different stakeholders of the process
• Ability to communicate effectively with senior management, both orally and in writing.
• Excellent planning skills and ability to work under tight deadlines.
• Strong analytical skills and problem solving mindset.
• Fluent in English (minimum C1 Level, CECRL certificate), and French (B2 Level, CECRL certificate)
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access)
Prepared to travel regularly