Manager - Internal Communication
Standard / Permanent
BRAND AND COMMUNICATION
Description of the role:
You will devise, manage, deliver and evaluate internal communications strategies, campaigns and tactics to enhance the Brand's reputation amongst several stakeholders (employees, potential employees, internal clients, senior management etc.), drive initiatives to increase awareness, engagement and employee satisfaction, and lead the creation, launch and maintenance of the intranet for BNP Paribas ISPL
This role will have regional and central oversight with day-to-day management from your manager. Oversight includes planning, weekly updates, reporting and approvals of action plans and copy.
- The main task of the is to share company information with employees through a combination of methods and mediums. By ‘company information’ we mean information regarding the operation centre, as well as relaying key information regarding CIB and BNP Paribas Group.
The main mediums to use are
- The BNP Paribas Intranet portal (Echonet) to display news and information contents to all employees.
- Local staff meetings to organise every 3 months, following the quarterly CEO web conferences > organizing all staff meetings information and Q&A sessions or helping/following managers to organise teams information meetings
- Local events to federate and motivate people, such as photos/videos contests, charity or sport events.
- Posters and/or TV screens displaying information at strategic places to catch employee’s attention.
- The manager creates the communications by conducting interviews, researching topics, writing and editing articles, designing copy layout, shooting photos or video and producing posters.
- Lead the delivery of company campaigns and ensure all activities are engaging, impactful, measurable and aligned to the business priorities
- Working with executive and senior leaders to develop and execute communication actions to ensure colleagues are informed and engaged in the business direction and aligned with BNP Paribas values.
- Client visits – meeting schedule and presentation to have the BNP Paribas new brand templates, corporate slides and standardized pack aligned with global standards
- Collaboration with HR on brand standards, communication guidelines, email templates and etiquettes, graphics and ensuring the BNP Paribas values are communicated for HR recruitment and Training
- Collaboration with Brand & Comms team to facilitate group communications and guidelines within the BNPP ISPL
- Facilitate or manage corporate events – internal or client visits related.
Education: Corporate Communications/International studies/Journalism
Required level of education: Masters level
Specialization: Internal Communications/Corporate communications /Strategic Communications
- Previous senior communications experience within an organization of similar size and complexity
- Knowledge of the financial sector would be an advantage
- Proven track record in creating and writing strategies, policies and guidance
- A proven track record in developing and delivering employee communications campaigns, including measuring and analyzing their impact
- Previous experience in winning the trust of senior stakeholders and credibly ‘push back’ when appropriate
- Experience of delivering through others, ideally in a matrix and/ or international environment
- You will be able to demonstrate well developed professional knowledge of internal communications techniques and a proven track record of delivering success
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with people across a wide range of functions and at all levels of the organization
- Resource and budget management.
Behavioral competencies required for the position:
- Organization skills
- Positive Attitude
- Sense of responsibilities and risk
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Client Focus
Strategic Skills: Strategic skills are important in this role. You must be able to develop an internal communications strategy, working with senior executives, members of the human resources team and departmental managers. Through your strategy, you must develop an understanding of the company’s goals and values, and build commitment to success. You will also advise executives and managers on their role in effective internal communication.
Communication Skills: to put the communication strategy into practice, you’ll need excellent writing and presentation skills. You must be a good writer because you’ll be creating content for our intranet, emails on behalf of senior management and possibly a newsletter. You may also have to write scripts for senior executives when they are presenting information to employees.
Team working Skills: you must be a good team player. As well as working with senior executives to develop strategy, you’ll be collaborating with external designers, web developers and communications professionals to create internal communications material, such as Intranet pages, e-mail messages, videos or posters. You will also be in contact with employees and departmental managers to research stories for newsletters.
- Understanding of the strategic role of internal communications to effect positive change and achievement of business objectives
- Capacity to influence senior management
- Writing persuasive, well targeted copy for print and online communications channels
- Ability to create and deliver oral presentations that instil confidence
- Strong negotiating skills
- Leadership, team-building and mentoring
- Ability and desire to see (and influence) the overall picture while have an unfailing eye for detail
- Ability to work at the same time independently and in a team
- High level interpersonal skills with the ability to build positive relationships with a diverse range of staff, senior management and other key stakeholders
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills
- A commitment to continuous professional development
Total length of experience: Minimum 6-10 years
Requested field(s) of experience: Communications and Marketing
Languages: English (fluency mandatory) and local languages
Technical skills required for the position
Project management skills help the manager plan and execute communications strategies.
Experience with communication processes, such as preparing communications plans, internal articles, intranet content, information meetings presentations, as well as videos