Manager Cost Accounting Platforms
Standard / Permanent
OPERATIONAL EFFICIENCY TRANSFORMATION AND BUSINESS ANALYSIS
BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 74 countries, with more than 192,000 employees – including more than 146,000 in Europe and over 4,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
BNP Paribas is recruiting for its European Finance Operations Center in Lisbon, part of the Group Finance function. Group Finance is responsible for compiling and processing accounting and financial information in order to ensure its publication and to provide Executive Management with the necessary information for the entire Group’s financial management.
Within Group Finance, “Purchasing Solutions & Accounts Payable” (PS&AP) is in charge of the cost accounting operations and tools for the Group.
The “Supporting systems team” within Cost Accounting services is responsible of the definition and the application of the operational accounting standards in the Group cost accounting platforms, for implementing and deploying the digitalization of incoming invoices and for designing reports to support the clients of the purchase-to-pay processes.
ROLE AND RESPONSABILITIES
- Manage teams of business analysts working on SAP platforms and Readsoft
- Ensure proper functional analysis and process definition of the applications in line with the Group cost accounting standards
- Manage the interface with the accounting reconciliation tool between SAP and the General Ledger to feed the accounting and management information system
- Supervise the implementation and deployment of the digitalization of incoming invoices based on Group solutions handling multiple formats such as paper scanning invoices and digitalization via EDI and PDF
- Coordinate the design of reports to support the clients of the purchase-to-pay processes, facilitating the data collection and the data analysis
• Master’s degree or equivalent in Finance/IT
• SAP certification is a plus
• At least 10 years of experience in SAP implementations or other ERP systems and at least 5 years of experience as manager
• Strong knowledge of Finance, Accounting and purchase-to-pay
• SAP Experience (FICO, MM, SD, Asset Accounting and Project Systems modules )
• Knowledge EDI/PDF invoices
• Invoice processing workflows Readsoft or equivalent tools is a plus
• Fluent in English (minimum B2 Level, CECRL certificate), Fluent in French (minimum B2 Level)
• Leadership skills
• Ability to work under tight deadlines
• Quick self-starter, pro-active attitude
• Ability to work in a fast changing environment, with international locations
• Available to a training period abroad (between 3 to 6 months)
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.