Standard / Permanent
Apply REF: IG000001
Job Description - APAC
Generalist Auditor, IG Hub APAC
1 February 2018
Inspection Générale Hub Asia Pacific
Hong Kong/Singapore/ China/India/Malaysia/ Australia/Japan
Business Line / Function
IG Hub APAC Country Manager
Number of Direct Reports
Directorship / Registration
- To conduct audit work in accordance with the IG methodology and ensure high standard of deliverables
- To contribute to risk assessment of audit units based on knowledge obtained through assignments as well as day-to-day contact with auditees
- To follow through with auditee on implementation of recommendations
- Participate in the audit team assignments and special reviews (when required by regulators, business lines, or senior management)
Head of Assignment
- Lead the assignment / review in accordance with BNPP Internal Audit Guidelines, International Professional Practices and established internal communication protocol.
- Plan, oversee and co-ordinate the work performed to ensure optimal resource allocation and efficient completion of assignment by preparing the methodology, collating raw data, obtaining past recommendations, preparing meetings with auditees, etc.
- Assess the key risks of the audited areas and coordinate the team to identify weaknesses in governance, risk management and control in those areas and raise appropriate findings and recommendations.
- Review work done by audit team to ensure that the work scope objectives are achieved.
- Complete the audit report within the recommended timeline.
- Escalate to the Supervisor unresolved matters or disputes with the auditees for timely resolution.
Auditor of Assignment
- Assist in documentation gathering for the assignment.
- Assist in assessing the key risks of the audited areas and identify weaknesses in governance, risk management and control in those areas by carrying out appropriate evaluation and tests.
- Raise appropriate findings and provide appropriate value-added recommendations to mitigate identified risks.
- Complete and file investigation working papers for easy retrieval to substantiate work performed.
- Review the implementation of the Inspection Générale recommendations
- Validate the implementation of recommendations and maintain audit trail of correspondences with auditees in respect of all implementation.
- Contribute to the periodic risk assessment of covered activities and planning
- Perform a periodic and comprehensive risk assessment of the covered activities as per the Group guidelines.
- Keep abreast of change/new development of regulatory requirements that are relevant to the covered activities and related functions.
- Assist in the elaboration of the audit planning following a risk-based approach.
- Contribute to the improvement of the Inspection Générale practices through the elaboration and update of our methodologies.
Technical and Behavioral Competencies required
- Is conversant with and applies appropriately audit methodology/standards and control concepts
- Possesses knowledge of business, products, risks, practices, policies and regulations
- Practically adapts theory and experience to circumstances of assignment
- Demonstrates planning, organizing and communication / interpersonal skills in conducting assignments and dealing with auditees
- Be analytical and able to anticipate problems/obstacles, able to distinguish material from non-material items in making decisions
- Is mindful about deadlines and disciplined in completing deliverables at the required level of standard
- Team Work spirit
- Good written and oral communication skills in English
Possess a Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree;
Possess experience in external auditing / internal auditing / credit / risk / compliance / internal control / operations in the financial services industry.
Professional Qualification/Certificate in Audit / Accounting, e.g. CA, CIA, CISA, is a plus.