Standard / Permanent
FINANCIAL AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
The Innovation Program falls under the Transformation team and is responsible for the management and co-ordination of innovation strategy for the Americas region. Innovation Americas support the platform to innovate and implement ideas that positively influence how we operate and challenge the status quo of the organization.
The Machine learning specialist will be part of the core data science team and will support the head of lab in analyzing business issues / opportunities and solve them through a deep data analytical approach. This position will bring analytical rigor and statistical methods to improve client experience, marketing strategy, platform efficiency and employee experience:
- Highlight opportunities in BNPP Americas’ data to generate new market opportunities as well as an enhanced client experience through the application of deep analytical solutions.
- Apply advanced statistical models to perform patterns identification, and add predictive analysis to enhance its insights on large and complex datasets.
- Develop mathematical models using methodologies such as time series forecasting, clustering methods, dimensionality reduction, neural networks and deep learning framework for image recognition or natural language processing.
- Provide knowledge on technology and business trends advising on potential benefits and impacts through conferences (NIPS, ..) and research.
- Explore data valuation opportunities through the delivery of enhanced/predictive analytics and the design / development of data-driven products.
- Partner with IT initiatives and provide input and enhancement recommendations where appropriate. (Storage, GPU, ..)
Minimum required qualifications:
- Master’s degree in MIS, Computer Science, Optimization, Statistics, Mathematics, or other quantitative related field
- 4+ years of relevant work experience in including deep expertise and experience with statistical data analysis
- Proven ability to use mathematical techniques to draw inferences and solve business issues. Strong technical experience and applied knowledge of traditional machine learning algorithms and deep learning frameworks
- Expertise in some of the major programming languages (Python, C/C++, C#, Java, Scala..), statistical software (R, Pandas, ..) and data wrangling tools (SQL)
- Experience with source control and release management (Git)
- Positive, energetic, flexible and self-motivated team player with strong organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and proficiency to interact professionally
- Very strong work ethic and ability to deal with confidential information
- Ability to go beyond existing frameworks by suggesting new ideas which are suitable for clients and/or the organization
- PhD degree and research experience in a quantitative discipline (Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, ..)
- DNN experience with natural language processing and feature engineering (CNN, RNN, LSTM, GRU, Word vectors)
- Experience with big data framework and GPU computing
- Agile to quickly adapt to new situations and conduct projects in a fluid work environment
- Web development experience (Html / CSS, Flask - RESTful, ..) is a plus
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas has a presence in 75 countries with more than 180,000 employees, including 140,000 in Europe. It ranks highly in its two core activities: Retail Banking & Services (comprised of Domestic Markets and International Financial Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail banking model across Mediterranean basin countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and solid and fast-growing businesses in Asia-Pacific.