The Reflex testing team is looking to hire a Test Lead who has a blend of experience in Automation and Manual Testing. The ideal candidate will be willing to work on manual testing and take the initiative to automate our regression test pack.
We intend to automate our test suite and hence whoever joins as a Test Lead should be comfortable working with tools and be able to write neat coherent code.(not necessarily to a dev level)
Personal characteristics are extremely important in this role. The candidate will be enthusiastic, articulate, be highly motivated and have a keen interest in technology. The candidate will also have outstanding verbal skills and should be able to effectively communicate with the dev and business counterparts. The candidate will also be passionate about the software development process and be a self-motivated individual.
Reflex is a strategic real-time Risk & PnL platform for the Rates business at BNP Paribas CIB.
BNP Paribas has experienced significant growth in its global Fixed Income business in recent years due to its customer-focused business model. As part of the Fixed Income strategy, the business is investing in a strategic global real-time Rates risk and P&L solution for front office users. BNPP IT has worked with the business to initiate a greenfield IT solution, Reflex, to meet the needs of the business for the next 3-5 years.
Reflex is a client-server application utilising Microsoft SQLServer 2008 R2, Microsoft Analysis Services and .NET 4.0 on the server side, and .NET 4.0/Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) on the client.
1. Lead the testing efforts
2. Liaise with BAs and Devs to chart test plans
2. Contribute in expanding the test coverage to include tests for other peripheral systems
3. Analyze and report issues/defects found in the regression tests
4. Take part in release retrospectives.
1. 6-7 yrs in automated and manual testing with 1-2 years in a test lead role.
2. Strong testing aptitude with clear understanding of testing concepts (testing lifecycle / test plan / test strategy / defect life cycle).
3. Experience in designing tests (manual and automated) for new application functionality
4. Experience in JAVA /CodedUI C#
5. Clear Object Oriented Programming concepts
6. Strong analytics and testing aptitude. Candidate should be comfortable in creating and executing tests for Application’s UI.
7. Comfortable with code and able to automate tests using a number of tools
8. Understanding of/experience using SQL
1. Good analytical skills.
2. Self-motivated and able to work under their own initiative.
3. Excellent communication skills.
4. Keen to challenge the status quo and drive forward improvements to existing processes.
5. Should be a team player
1. Knowledge in JAVA / C# .Net is acceptable
2. Experience using SCM tools like SVN and defect/project management tools like JIRA
3. Experience in using Build tools like TeamCity
4. Knowledge of Quality Processes
5. Exposure to Risk in Investment Banking
Experience Level: 6-7 years