Standard / Permanent
NAR and LO&IT Support Managers respectively in Jersey City and London, with a local team lead in Montréal.
MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
Main local contact point and expert for LAP system (including LAP NAR Business Objects reports), working with end users, business analysts and developers.
Providing daytime, occasional Bank Holidays and week-end support à
Consolidating existing knowledge database (Wiki)
Automating processes for common tasks and reporting
Providing input to technical designs
Communicating with other members of the Support LAP teams in the same and other locations
Managing issues and requests logged through Service Now and JIRA
Direct problem resolution or bug logging
Working with developers – managing application/server access
Follow Change Management procedure.
Prioritization, resolution, delegation and escalation of user and application queries and issues
Proactive application and system monitoring
High degree of communication with users, management, developers and peers
Involvement with technical and functional quality processes and reviews.
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
• Minimum Bachelor’s level of education or equivalent
• 5 – 7 years of IT experience, preferably in a support role
• Excellent communication skills in English are mandatory (both written and verbal)
• Experience in a banking environment is preferable
• UNIX/ Linux
• Shell Scripting
• SQL (Sybase or Oracle)
• C++ (or Java)
• Accounting systems
• Microsoft Office
• Business Objects
• ITIL fundation
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
• Reactivity & ability to understand problems and situations and to draw out logical conclusions
• Effective Communication, Rigour, Method, Autonomy, Patience
• Adaptability and desire to learn new products and technologies
• Incident, problem and change management skills
• Montreal office hours, plus some weekend work (on quarterly basis or for BCM activities) or on bank Holidays (remote working). Some flexibility in working late could be needed
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas has a presence in 75 countries with more than 180,000 employees, including 140,000 in Europe. It ranks highly in its two core activities: Retail Banking & Services (comprised of Domestic Markets and International Financial Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail banking model across Mediterranean basin countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and solid and fast-growing businesses in Asia-Pacific.