Standard / Permanent
Know Your Client Analyst - French
BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 74 countries, with more than 192,000 employees – including more than 146,000 in Europe and over 5,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been the first foreign bank to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
Description of the role:
The Know Your Client (KYC) Analysts are part of the review process for existing clients of BNP Paribas Securities Services and will contact with several departments (such as Client Development, Compliance, and Tax Teams).
- Estimate the risk of money laundering and terrorism financing
- Report to the KYC Team Leader in Lisbon
- Initiate the GOF (Global Onboarding Form) with the previous KYC file
- Ensure the collection of the documentation required for each KYC files with the sales teams and through research (client websites, regulators, etc.)
- Perform controls
- Elaborate reports and analysis to be presented to senior Management as part of the Due Diligence and KYC processes.
- Ensure the collection of missing documentation
- Ensure the FATCA/AEOI identification of the clients
- Supervise requests from other departments (Client Development, Compliance, Audit)
· Academic Degree completed (Economics, Law, Management or similar as preferred)
· Fluent in French (mandatory)
· Good knowledge of English (mandatory)
· At least 2 years of professional experience
· Previous experience with financial services (desirable)
· Previous experience dealing with legal documents and procedures (desirable);
· Good knowledge of Microsoft Office tools, namely Excel and PowerPoint;
· Availability for a training period abroad (up to 3 months)
· Analytical thinking, customer service orientation, autonomy, sense of responsibility.