Department - ELS Vendor Sales
BNP Paribas Leasing Solutions helps companies to expand their business capabilities by offering tailored leasing and finance solutions. Our expert teams partner with equipment vendors that are looking to grow their sales, and businesses that require outsourcing services for assets within a number of key markets. We’re a European leader in leasing, backed by the stability of the BNP Paribas group.
WHAT AM I ACCOUNTABLE FOR?
I will achieve the designated revenue objectives set by the Company, by prospecting and developing new business relationships with manufacturers, importers and dealers, in line with the overall International Business Line (IBL) business development plan, agreeing and achieving targeted finance penetration rates. I will ensure these new relationships are compliant and set up internally, liaising with the Dealer Direct and/or broker teams may be appropriate to ensure that they achieve conversion efficiencies that contribute to us providing industry leading service and support achievement of our desired cost/income ratio. Additionally 30% of my time will be spent managing existing accounts.
MY KEY ACTIVITIES
- Pro-actively, identifying and securing new business development opportunities in line with an agreed business plan
- Engaging with the Marketing Team to establish and execute initiatives in line with Hunting and Key Account objectives
- Undertaking frequent performance analysis with introductory sources and internal departments using KPIs and MI, taking remedial action, where necessary, to ensure conversion efficiencies are met
- Handling specific complex sales queries from potential new sources of business, converting them into new business by negotiation and appropriate follow up
- Maintaining awareness of changing market conditions, communicating and adapting sales approaches accordingly
- Undertaking introductory source reviews in a timely fashion ensuring all introductory sources remain valid and compliant
- Identifying and undertaking training of manufacturer and dealer staff on products, facilities and use of digital tools
- Working in conjunction with the IBL Hunting Team, provide proactive business development in identified new markets, present focus on Food Processing & Packaging and Transport as well as existing markets.
MY EXTERNAL CUSTOMERS
MY INTERNAL CUSTOMERS
ELS Vendor Operations, ELS Central Credit, Group Risk, Partner Systems, Marketing, Customer Services, Dealer Direct Sales Team, Wholesale Finance, Asset Management, IBL Team
I have strong commercial acumen to identify and create profitable new opportunities
I have strong communication skills and an ability to influence at a senior level
I am numerate with strong attention to detail
I have an in-depth knowledge and understanding of commercial finance
I can work under my own initiative, but also as part of a dynamic sales team
I have an in-depth knowledge of the Agricultural and/or Transport Markets
I can demonstrate excellent time management and organisational skills
Home based, with regular visits (at least monthly), to the office in Basingstoke.
I will be provided with all appropriate equipment to set up a home office.
Normal working hours are 8.45 to 17.15 Monday – Friday. Additional hours will be required on an ad-hoc basis.
Office dress code is business formal Monday-Thursday, business casual on a Friday.
MY ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintaining up-to-date records of all prospecting activities
- Completing all necessary paperwork pursuant to the processing of a proposal/business opportunity
- Attending and contributing to sales meetings and other intra departmental meetings as required
- Any other ad-hoc duties as required by my Line Manager
- Responsible for adhering to policies, procedures, guidelines and the internal control framework established to guide the operation of their function in addition to regulatory compliance requirements.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT
On joining the company I will attend a Company Induction which will introduce me to the different areas of the business and what they do.
Have regular performance reviews with my line manager; this will include a mid-term and end of probationary review and regular one to one catch ups.
I will be expected to complete annual online Compliance training modules via My Development, our online training platform and will continue to receive on the job training throughout my career.