ITO Global Markets: Electronic Trading Application Support Analyst (Rates)
Standard / Permanent
- The Rates business at BNP Paribas is a major player in electronic market activities. The business includes market-making activities on Bonds and Interest Rates Swaps across various electronic markets as well as client-facing business, proprietary trading and futures and options brokerage.
- The eRates support team provides support on etrading tools used by rates and credit business in Asia. The team's responsibilities include market connectivity (ION), pricing (in-house pricers) and STP.
- Be responsible for the trading applications and market access support of Rates Trading on various APAC markets (Tradeweb, Bloomberg, SFE/ASX, JPX, eSpeed US, BTEC…)
- Require to support traders, troubleshoot and diagnose functional and technical issues in the production environment
- Management and tracking of daily production problems and user request; ensure effective and timely resolution and communications to the client; report bugs back to local / overseas development teams.
- Be responsible for handling business-driven or exchange-driven projects
- Ensure adequate performance and operation of the systems - monitor the performance ⁄ operation, diagnose and address any problems.
- Follow ITIL Application Support methodology to carry out incident escalation and system change management procedures.
- Provide system and process documentation
- Morning shift duty, weekend and holiday work are required.
- Good business knowledge on fixed income (especially rates) products
- Highly motivated individual with strong skills in technical analysis
- Experience of scripting knowledge (one of the following): Python, Perl, VBS
- Good understanding of SQL and Unix/Windows environments
- Proficiency in Excel/VBA
- Team player
- Comfortable in managing multiple concurrent tasks and prioritizing accordingly
- Fluent in English
- Experience with ION Trading softwares (MMI, Sysadmin)
- Experience on trading floor
- Experience with traders’ pricer support
- Advanced knowledge of trade lifecycle
- Advanced knowledge of Swaps, Bonds, Futures products
- French and/or Mandarin speaking
Qualifications and Experience
- University degree
- 5 years’ experience in a similar role