Standard / Permanent
Cardif Pinnacle in Borehamwood is seeking a full-time Infrastructure Team Leader to work within the IT Infrastructure Services Department.
It's a great time to join us on our progressive journey. We are a subsidiary of
BNP Paribas Cardif, a worldwide provider of insurance and savings products, and ultimately part of the global banking group, BNP Paribas.
The company is focused upon the provision of creditor, pet and motor warranty insurance. The strategy of the business is to ensure that customers are well serviced whilst focusing on the operational capabilities and efficiency.
To be responsible for the leadership of System Administrators in the Windows, Linux, Infrastructure and Telephony Team. To provide and manage third line support for Windows and Linux systems and infrastructure.
- To lead and motivate a team in line with department standards, adhering to company, regulatory and HR procedures where required.
- To ensure appropriate procedures, standards, security and controls for the development and support of IT platforms.
- To carry out recruitment of staff.
- To plan resources and tasks and projects to be carried out by staff.
- To plan training as needed by staff.
- To liaise with user areas and IT colleagues so as to understand their IT operational requirements.
- To communicate with developers and database administrators to ensure they are up to date with system changes.
- To document key procedures and controls in line with company standards.
- To report as necessary on performance against agreed objectives, timescales or standards.
- To attend meetings and contribute to IT strategy and policy making as required.
- To establish and maintain appropriate procedures for monitoring system performance and usage.
- To carry out installation and configuration of the Windows and Linux operating platforms to maximise utilisation of system resources.
- Establishing and maintaining appropriate procedures and monitoring data back up processes.
- To write scripts to assist with procedures and monitoring controls.
- To provide support in response to requests for technical assistance in line with company quality and service level agreements.
- To develop personal or technical skills and capability through on-going training as provided by, or approved by HR.
- To ensure compliance with appropriate group, regulatory and industry audit requirements.
- To carry out any other task associated with the role as reasonably requested.
- Competitive salary & excellent benefits
- 10% Non contributory Pension Scheme + 2.5% matched by company
- 24 days holiday per annum
- Holiday buy and sell scheme
- Birthday day off
- Private medical cover
- Subsidised onsite cafe
- Award winning range of flexible benefits including RAC membership, retail discounts, will writing, childcare vouchers, Art Pass
Required Skills and Work Experience
- Extensive experience of system administration of Windows server systems
- Extensive experience of system administration of RedHat Enterprise server systems
- Work within a corporate environment adhering to ITIL-compliant processes and procedures
- Good understanding of IT Security
- Good written and clear verbal communications
- Personal skills appropriate to a team leadership position
- Making decisions
- Ability to challenge others
- Demonstrating initiative and knowledge
- Ability to work under pressure
- HP Servers
- VMware ESX
- SAN technology
- Degree or equivalent in an IT-related subject
- ITIL or similar service management knowledge/experience
- Ability and desire to continuously improve own knowledge, and CP system platforms.
- Willingness, subject to availability, to work out of hours as may reasonably be required for planned maintenance and urgent attention to critical incidents
- Driving licence