IHC - Vice President – Third Party Risk Analyst
Standard / Permanent
The Intermediate Holding Company (“IHC”) program structured at the U.S. level across poles of activities of BNP Paribas provides guidance, supports the analysis, impact assessment and drives adjustments of the U.S. platform’s operating model due to the drastic changes introduced by the Enhanced Prudential Standards (“EPS”) for Foreign Banking Organizations (“FBOs”) finalized by the Federal Reserve in February 2014, implementing Section 165 of U.S. Dodd-Frank Act.
In accordance with the Dodd-Frank Act, BNP Paribas is required to establish an Intermediate Holding Company (“IHC”) over its US subsidiaries. The IHC will be subject to risk-based capital and leverage standards, regulatory reporting, enhanced governance requirements, liquidity risk management, and other requirements.
The Third Party Risk Control Unit will be responsible for Identifying and assessing risks relating to the operational and business management processes of BNP Paribas. This includes policy, governance, risk management, reporting and ownership of the Third Party Risk Tool.
This role will be responsible for identifying and evaluating potential/recognized risks related to operational, business administration, and third party endeavors, engaging business areas to raise awareness and recommend measures to prevent loss and mitigate exposure, and developing analytics and reporting for senior management.
- Oversee risk assessment and due diligence processes and ensure they are properly performed in selecting new vendors.
- Assist in preparation of board reporting for the IHC
- Preparation of annual assessment forms and ongoing monitoring
- Help prepare presentations around third party program
- Regular contact with lines of business to monitor vendors for important incidents and help prepare escalation reports as required.
- Monitor Policies & Procedures (P&P) and responsible for maintenance of the vendor risk management system.
- Responsible for enforcement of vendor risk management P&P on a bank-wide basis.
- Assist in preparation of KPI/KRI reporting
- Liaise with lines of business on third party risk management questions and help conduct training
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of related work experience in a large corporate environment
- Proven business experience in vendor governance and managing vendor risk, including conducting vendor due diligence, vendor site visits, vendor control reviews, and ongoing vendor monitoring
- Experience in risk management or related control discipline such as audit, privacy or information security
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills with ability to organize and gather facts, navigate through ambiguous or complex issues, draw conclusions, and influence desired outcomes
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to lead meetings and tailor messages to various audiences, and experience in managing collaborative relationships with a broad set of stakeholders
- Strong capability in planning and managing a wide variety of initiatives and concurrent priorities to produce high quality deliverables within established timelines
- Proficient in MS Excel, Work, PowerPoint , Project and Visio
- Results oriented self-starter, with ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast paced environment
- Not Applicable