IHC - Vice President – Lead Business Analyst
Standard / Permanent
Seeking an experienced IT Business Analyst with a minimum of 15 years of Business Analysis experience who will lead the Business Analysis phases of larger projects and/or multiple projects at the same time.
We are looking for an individual with demonstrated experience solving complex business problems, working across multiple projects, and strong attention to detail.
The Business Analyst position will gather and document requirements from business areas impacted by the program, and partner with architecture and design teams to define technology solutions.
Seeking a Manager of a team of Business Analysis professionals who establishes plans and objectives for the team, directs and develops staff, and ensures resources are in place and operating effectively to meet business goals.
Accountable for results of the team including quality of work, timeliness, and meeting budget goals.
Directs, manages, plans and oversees the operational and administrative activities of staff in the assigned area. Ensures that activities of the team are aligned with related functions and initiatives.
Leads the team to achieve higher levels of competency, effectiveness and internal process improvement.
Collaborate with business partners from multiple disciplines to elicit, document, prepare and manage business requirements package for stakeholder sign-off and delivery to technical teams
Establish meaningful traceability between related requirements
Act as a liaison between the business and IT design and delivery teams
Documented requirement artifacts should utilize industry standard diagram techniques to enhance the clarity of definition, including: process flows, context diagrams, use cases, wireframes, etc.
Set requirement baselines upon obtaining requirements package sign-off and support requirements change management, analyze impact and obtain change sign-off throughout SDLC framework
Interface with Business Partners, Technical resources (i.e. Solution Engineers, Systems Analysts, Developers), Architecture, and Quality Assurance to translate and simplify requirements, ensure requirements are met throughout entire SDLC framework, and verify that the implemented solution meets the requirements
Partner with QA team and SMEs to ensure adequate test coverage (relying on own knowledge, as well as facilitating conversations with SMEs, to identify additional test scenarios)
Identify and articulate the need for requirements change and assessing the impact of the change
Work with stakeholders to conduct training sessions / demos, and to develop manuals / user guides
- Minimum 7 years of Business Analysis experience with an investment bank
- At least 3 years’ experience working/supporting a liquidity platform.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and/or equivalent work experience
- Advanced degree highly desired
- Applied experience with establishing, managing and delivering large scale, complex IT projects
- Experience in project management, SDLC, RUP, Scrum, ITIL and application solution development and deployment
- Experience managing projects with variable staffing including onsite/offshore execution model
- Experience and familiarity Financial Services business systems essential.
- Previous experience in managing a team of BAs, ensuring resources are allocated to projects, escalated issues are addressed, standards and best practices are adhered to, and fosters cross-team collaboration
- CIB and Financing solutions knowledge required with emphasis on Liquidity concepts.
- Prior software development experience in SQL- Oracle, ETL- Informatica and Tableaux/Business Objects
- Familiarity with multiple software development methodologies
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Visio, MS Project, and PowerPoint. Knowledge of SharePoint, Quality Center, HP ALM and JIRA a plus.
- Quickly learns new businesses and complex processes
- Ability to work from objectives with minimal guidance or supervision
- Demonstrated ability to understand and work across multiple business domains in support of projects
- Ability to partner with development teams that support various technology platforms
- Proven leadership, negotiation and relationship management skills
- Strong critical thinking skills and attention to detail
- Not Applicable